Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you import Presenter files into Presenter 8

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

I just gave a user a new computer and I'm trying to transfer all of the profile files from Presenter to the new computer.

I tried copying everything in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Presenter\Presenters to the new location, but they don't show up in Presenter.

If I make a new presenter, that one shows up in the AppData directory but none of the profiles I copied over show up.

It doesn't look like Presenter 8 has an "import" function.

I deleted the folder for the test Presenter I made and it still showed up in Adobe Presenter.

So, my question is "How can I get Presenter 8 to read these imported directories?"  Is there a directory or hidden file I'm missing or a change in the registry settings?

Saying, "Upgrade to Presenter 10" is a valid response, but I was hoping to get around that.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Ok, Just tested between two computers using Presenter 8 and 10 and I wasn't able to transfer the Presenter information by placing in the location, as you are seeing. Oddly, transferring themes by moving them into the Themes folder still works. However, you can still import a presenter by placing it (or multiples, say one per slide) on a PPT deck on the old computer. Then bring that PPT presentation over to the new computer and open it. You should see all the presenters associated with that prese

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Placing the presenter files in the appropriate location should allow them to be seen and used by Presenter. I have done this periodically since Presenter 6 and it has worked for me. Each presenter should have their own folder with the associated bio and images. I'd make sure that the folder/file structure is correct. I don't believe that moving to Presenter 10 would make things work any better or worse.

I hate to ask it, but did you try restarting the computer to see if that helped Presenter wake up to the new presenter files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good question, but I did restart the computer.

I'm on the phone with Adobe support right now and they say it's completely impossible to transfer presenters from one machine to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Just tested between two computers using Presenter 8 and 10 and I wasn't able to transfer the Presenter information by placing in the location, as you are seeing. Oddly, transferring themes by moving them into the Themes folder still works. However, you can still import a presenter by placing it (or multiples, say one per slide) on a PPT deck on the old computer. Then bring that PPT presentation over to the new computer and open it. You should see all the presenters associated with that presentation in your Presenter's list. You may have to go into the edit function to modify them, but the should appear. It looks like the images may have to be reapplied, but you can still get most of the information there.

Completely impossible seems like a strong position to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma, that was exactly the solution.  I made a test deck with four presenters, one per slide, on the old computer and moved it to the new computer.  Then I opened the deck on the new computer and there they all were.  Now I'm making a "master deck" that's got all of our presenters that we can use to move them all.

Thanks for your help on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we didn't have to accept the answer of it being impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources