• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't install

Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm having trouble installing Flash on my Macbook Pro, OS 10.5.8.  I'm using Firefox and Safari

It gets partway through installing, and then either says "Installation Failed" or "General Installation Error" without further details.

I've tried uninstalling and doing a clean install multiple times.

Both browsers show Flash as not installed when I check it from the Adobe help page.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.  The last supported version for 10.5.8 is 10.3.183.90.  You can download 10.3.183.90 from the Archived Flash Player versions page.  However, this is very old and many sites require a newer version of Flash Player.  If your system supports it, you may want to consider upgrading to 10.6.8, which will enable you to install the latest version of Flash Player.  There is lots of information on the web about updating from OS X 10.5.8 to 10.6.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria

Sorry, that was a typo on my part.  My OS is 10.8.5.  Is there a version that should work?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alsihad,

I'm assuming you're using the online installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  We're aware that this installer sometimes doesn't work on Mac, however, we've not been able to reproduce to fix the behaviour.  Most users have success installing Flash Player using the offline/standalone version posted at the bottom of this page, Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Maria

Yes, I've tried both ways of installing with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines