• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Install Manager[681:16322] Install failed with error code: 30

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.10, MBP 2011 i7, latest updates. I ran the installer by opening up the app package and invoking the install via terminal. at the 75% mark ( download finishes ) the installer fails. in the terminal I got this maybe helpful error message. any idea on getting flash to install ? its worse because I've run the uninstaller so parts of various websites don't work now

S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, its a permissions error because the installer isn't at the right run level, even asking for my admin password. if I do

sudo Install Adobe Flash Player.app

[enter password]

Installer now runs. it generates a bunch of error messages in the terminal

Install Adobe Flash Player[744:19476] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/DivX Toolkit.framework/Versions/A/DivX Toolkit

Referenced from: /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder

Reason: image not found

——— does this about 10 times ending like this -------

2014-10-28 22:03:10.831 Install Adobe Flash Player[744:19476] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/DivX Toolkit.framework/Versions/A/DivX Toolkit

Referenced from: /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder

Reason: image not found

2014-10-28 22:03:47.190 Adobe Flash Player Install Manager[764:19989] Install failed with error code: 17.

the install actually finishes though  and flash is working… YAH ! but only a semi uber geek would ever figure this out or think to try it. please fix the installer as its got a problem under 10.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

What installer are you using to install via terminal?  Is this the shim installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline/standalone installer (e.g. downloaded from Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac)?  In either case, the OS requires the admin password to install Flash Player.  However, I'm interested to find out which installer is returning the output you're seeing.  Also, what's the command-line argument you're using to install from terminal?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

I downloaded from the automatic update link. it started the 3 step process. it appears to be the installer which downloads the actual flash components from the web.  the file name is AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_15_ltrosxd_amc_aih.dmg  1.2mb but I also got AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_15_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg the first time I downloaded it. just a random hash at the end ? either way my regular normal account is an admin account, other installers aka VISE work fine, other admin tasks work with my account.

I opened the installer package, navigated to contents/macos/install adobe flash player and ran it via SUDO.

sudo /Volumes/Adobe\ Flash\ Player\ Installer/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player

[password]

error msgs about divx

completes error code 17

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines