• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation of Adobe Flash Player:  I am a fairly computer literate individual but I just cannot complete this installation.  Could someone please HELP ME???

Neal Norvell

neal.norvell@yahoo.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kind of what I was thinking. I only wanted the free Adobe Flash Player but it always was pushing me to try the Cloud and some other software that I had no use for. I've tried for hours and still have been unable to download this so-called Adobe Flash Player. And I cannot play a lot of videos from sites I had bookmarked. I always get an error message "Blocked-plug in." I'm going to try another browser to see if my luck changes.

Neal Norvell

neal.norvell@yahoo.com

704-641-8648 (Mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system information in the thread Pat referenced above would be very helpful in understanding what's happening.

My guess is that you're running an old version of Safari.  Apple and Adobe want everyone to pick up an important security update, so Safari blocklisted old Flash Player versions.  This is why you're seeing the blocked plug-in message.

It sounds like you're completing the installation successfully, but Safari doesn't know that the latest version is installed.  I'm *not* seeing this on any current versions of MacOS or Safari, and I'm trying to figure out which versions are affected.  If you could let us know, that would be great.  If you don't know how to get that information, we'd be happy to guide you through it.

Once you get the version information, please run System Update on your mac (the Apple in the upper left of the screen > System Update) to see if maybe there's a new Safari version waiting for you.  If so, please download and install the available update and let us know if this resolves the blocked plug-in issue for you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I am running Safari version 5.1.10. I periodically check for new system updates that may be available but have not seen any for Safari. I will try again per your note. I am scheduled for a genius bar appointment on 11/2 to have this checked out. Thanks again and if you find a solution I'm all ears.

Neal Norvell

neal.norvell@yahoo.com

704-641-8648 (Mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a pattern.  Everyone running into the issue where Safari is still blocking Flash Player after it has been fully updated is running something around MacOS 10.6 and Safari 5.  Our guess is that the logic in this version of Safari is buggy.

Apple offers free upgrades to current versions of MacOS through their AppStore app.  It's unlikely that they would release an update for MacOS 10.6 to address this issue.  My recommendation would be to upgrade the OS.  It's free, and you can download the upgrade from the AppStore app on your computer.

Alternatively, you could switch to a different web browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 10.6.8 on my Mac. You feel I should update this and then maybe I can successfully download Adobe Flash Player?

Neal Norvell

neal.norvell@yahoo.com

704-641-8648 (Mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone that's complaining about this seems to be on MacOS 10.6.8.  I haven't had anyone try this yet, but we have not seen any related complaints from MacOS users on MacOS 10.9 or 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, before I spend any more time with this, are you suggesting my basic alternative is to upgrade to Yosemite and hope for the best? Hell of a note!

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in Safari.  The Safari version is tied to the OS version.  You can absolutely wait around and see if Apple releases an OS update to fix Flash in an OS they released in 2011, and/or file a bug with Apple, but I find it highly unlikely that this would be where they invest their engineering resources.

If you don't want to upgrade to a current OS, there are a number of other browser that support Flash and run on MacOS 10.6.8. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having problems and I am running 10.9.5...   I get to 97% complete and then it hangs up.  Was on the phone for 45 mins with Apple and they said contact Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines