• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search options greyed out in generate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2007 Aug 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we generate the layout, the checkbox for 'Search Input Field in Toolbar' is disabled in the Additional Options pane.

Does someone know why this is and how we make it available.

We are using Robohelp X5 and generating Webhelp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007
Hi M@RG and I too welcome you to the forum

Believe it or not, this could be the result of a selection you don't make in the screen after this one. Click the Next > button and see what your setting is for the "Navigation Pane Preferred Format". If you have it set for "Pure HTML", this could explain it. So set it for one of the other options and click the < Back button to see if it's now enabled.

If that didn't work, sometimes things like this happen with no obvious reason. One thing you might ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello M@RG,

Welcome to the forum.

Could you tell us which browser you are using, and if you have tried others? Are you calling the WebHelp from within an application?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M@RG and I too welcome you to the forum

Believe it or not, this could be the result of a selection you don't make in the screen after this one. Click the Next > button and see what your setting is for the "Navigation Pane Preferred Format". If you have it set for "Pure HTML", this could explain it. So set it for one of the other options and click the < Back button to see if it's now enabled.

If that didn't work, sometimes things like this happen with no obvious reason. One thing you might try is to right-click the Single Source Layouts pseudo folder and declare a brand new layout. Then see if anything changes.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I changed from Pure HTML to DHTML, selected back and the search box was enabled.
Cheers
M@RG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My search box has disappeared again. I have tried each of the HTML format settings and none seem to bring the search box back.
Can someone help:
confused;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My mistake - there is no problem!
M@arg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp