• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppressing meta name tag in WebHelp

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there as way to suppress the following line of metadata in generated WebHelp:

<meta name="generator" content="RoboHelp by eHelp Corporation www.ehelp.com">

My company had a security group do a "penetration test" and this was one of the items that came up as a potential issue. I know that I can go in to each file and delete the line after it is generated, but we have over 1,500 html pages in our generated help, so I'm hoping that there is an easier solution.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it can be suppressed but you sure don't need to go into each topic. Use the multi file find and replace tool.

Not sure why it would be a security issue. Do you know? Just curious.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks. I'm not sure why it's an issue. They apparently do "penetration" tests on our systems, including the online help, and this was flagged as an issue. They haven't told me why, but I imagine if they told me, they'd have to kill me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check me if I'm mistaken, but I think Adobe deleted this line in RH 6.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2007 Aug 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 6 it's changed to:
<meta name=generator content="Adobe RoboHelp - www.adobe.com">

Just a tip though in case your security people want you to remove any other meta tags, you gotta get them in the output files; RH will immediately replace it if you just remove it from the true code.

M|S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. I was afraid of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp