• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac will not update flash player, please advise

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated to 15.0.0.189 but the site will not allow me to download. Says 'Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.' I have a Mac OS X 10.7.5. No antivirus software installed. Checked the forums but can not find any info specific to this issue. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if you have a Firewall enabled on Mac OS X.  Check under Apple Menu>System Preferences>Security & Privacy> Firewall tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that what you're experiencing is legitimate.  This sounds like an attempt to get you to install malware.  I'm thinking that you may have been tricked into downloading a fake Flash Player.  Let's throw that installer away and start again.

Download Flash Player from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.

If that gives you trouble please try the alternate installer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these options work. I still do not have latest Flash player. [edit: email removed, that's how you get spam]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@artsygramma: Why do you think that your Flash Player is old?  Are you visiting a specific site and getting an upgrade message?

If you go to the link below and click the yellow "Check Now" button under section 1, what do you see for version?

Flash Player Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,  This is what I did after 5 hours of attempts and searching for a solution

Trouble Installing Flash Player 16 on Mac OS X 10.8.5? Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines