• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install adobe flash player on mac OS 10.6.8

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have uninstalled old flash player because of blocked plug ins and downloaded new cne.  When I check on box to install it only thing I am able to select is read terms of agreement. Install is there but unresponsive.  I even read the terms of agreement.  What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the checkmark that acknowledges that you have read the license agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong site.

Message was  "The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx. dmg was not found on this server."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a content distribution network, which is basically a system of thousands of geographically distributed servers.  That's how we push the download out to 1.2 billion people at the same time. 

It sounds like the node you're hitting is problematic.  I was hearing this yesterday and so we flushed the cache to make all the servers pick the content up again.  I just checked the link and it's working for me.

If you want, I can collect some forensics to open a case with our CDN provider, but I can't think of a good workaround unless you have a VPN service or something that would let you appear to come from a different location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try again later or use a vpn service. Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie, It worked! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still has not worked for me.  Now when I try to read terms of agreement to check it only a black screen comes up.  Install is there but unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried direct link (actually it was the 17th time according to download history).  Still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're downloading the installer successfully. 

You need to check the little checkbox to proceed.  I've highlighted it below.  The link below it should take you to a terms of service page, but it's not required to complete the installation.  I'm not sure why that page is not displaying for you, but let's focus on one problem at a time.

Installer_Checkbox.jpg

If that doesn't work for you, can you please do the following:

From the apple icon at the upper-left of the screen, choose About This Mac > More Info, and provide the information on that screen.  I don't need the serial number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much. that appears to have worked.

Pamvish

pamvish@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool.  Would you mind giving me the link to that blank page that opens, and tell me what browser and version you're using?  I'd like to make sure we get that fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html#flash_player

Firefox 3.6.13

Pamvish

pamvish@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that's a really old firefox.  Even the Extended Support Release is Firefox 34 now. 

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox Extended Support Release in your language — Mozilla

Both Flash and your browser include important security updates.  I'd highly recommend moving to a current Firefox.  It will hopefully improve your browsing experience as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines