• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having troble install Flash Player 15. It will download and begin to install but quits and gives me an error message saying "user does not have sufficient rights to install" I have one account on my PC and I am the administrator. I have tried downloading in FireFox opened as "run as administrator" and get the same error. I tried in safe mode...no luck there either. I do have Adobe Shockwave installed but I cannot get Flash Player to install. HELP! I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Deminsion E-520 with 4GB RAM, 2.13 Ghtz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I have also tried in Explorer and Chrome...same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

If you're an administrator and you're running into permission problems while writing files, it's typically because those files are either in use, or the filesystem is in an inconsistent state (or full). 

You could run the uninstaller, then attempt to delete any remnants in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed before attempting a re-install.  You might also consider booting into Safe Mode to do the uninstall/reinstall, just to eliminate the possibility that any background processes are keeping things in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file from C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is what you need. Had to do this in sections, hope you can make heads or tails from it. The lat section is pretty much a repeat of the section before it, I couldn't find a way to edit it down to the last 10 or so lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank your for the log.  The message "user does not have sufficient rights to install" is really misleading; from the log I can see that the installer was somehow unable to delete/replace some files.

Please perform a clean install as described in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done all you suggested. Same results "user does not have permissions to install ....etc" I don't understand what is happening. I have never had any trouble prior to this. The last update I recall was for Flash Player 11. It installed automatically which is what I had set. Got me stumped! Any othe ideas and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Victor W. Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't done so already, reboot your machine and retry the steps Pat referred to.  You might want to print them out, so you can do them immediately without launching a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problems with adobe in my iOS mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frederiquevandaalen wrote:

problems with adobe in my iOS mac

There is no Flash Player for iOS or any mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...I have gone thru my PC and removed all flash player folders etc. I could find. Shredded the files using IO Bit Gutman DOD 5220 method. rebooted, went to Adobe for clean install, downloaded but install continues to stop with "user doesn't have permissions to install" I removed from both an explorer window and from start-up menu. Also removed Macromedia files, %appdata% files, system 32 files. but nothing seems to help the problem. I am totally at a loss as to what the problem might be. The only thing I haven't tried so far is shutting down all firewall, anti-virus, malware apps and try again. Something is causing this...finding what may be a challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely possibility is that there is a process running that uses Flash Player.  If it's locked when you reboot, it's probably something that starts up when you start the machine.  You might just boot into safe mode and see if you can do the uninstall/reinstall from there.  That should keep any conflicting processes from loading at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are installing as an Administrator user?

If yes, and you still get that message, can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat:  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have spent several hours with this problem and my frustration levels have grown considerably and I had to give it a rest for a while. I have 6 files concerning Flash Player: (1.) Flash Install (text doc.) which is the same as the doc. already posted. The others are;

(2.) Flash; (3.) FlashPlayerPlugin_15_0_0_189; (4.) FlashPlayerUpdateService;(5.) FlashUtil32_15_0_0_189_Plugin;(6.) NPSWF32_15_0_0_189.dll

1 thru 5 are all applications and 6 is an application extension. My most recent attempt at installing did provide a bit of info stating "A required file @ C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\FlashPlayer.xpt.5 could not be written due to insufficient permissions. This appears to be where the problem lies. I just do not understand why. I did go into the registry and checked all Adobe applications and the permissions on them are FULL. The only account on my PC is the administrator account. I have tried opening Firefox as administrator (no luck ), I have opened the install file as "run as administrator" (no luck). If possible I can run MS Problem Recorder to document all I have done\am doing if the results can be posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldSalt67 wrote:

A required file @ C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\FlashPlayer.xpt.5 could not be written due to insufficient permissions.

This is something I hope someone from the Adobe team will have a look at; I do not know what that file is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was beginning to get the idea that there was some sort of bug in the instal files. Should I contact someone at Adobe Support or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an engineering manager on the product, so the odds are pretty slim that the first-tier tech support guys are better positioned to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're an administrator and you're running into permission problems while writing files, it's typically because those files are either in use, or the filesystem is in an inconsistent state (or full). 

You could run the uninstaller, then attempt to delete any remnants in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed before attempting a re-install.  You might also consider booting into Safe Mode to do the uninstall/reinstall, just to eliminate the possibility that any background processes are keeping things in use.

I'd be interested in seeing the log sections after you do do that.  You can just cut and paste the text and paste it here, instead of posting screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have solved the problem. (At least I hope so!) I pulled up all the Flah Player files in Explorer but could not delete or shred them as I kept getting "....in use" error. I could not think of anything that could be using it so I went to msconfig and booted in diagnostic mode. Had to switch to Safe Mode as I could not get internet access in diagnostic mode. Deleted all Flash Player files and dug a little deeper and found some Flash Player 11 files so I deleted (shredded) ALL the Flash Player files, tried to install in Chrome but the installer stalled out. Tried again in Firefox and seem to have had success. FINALLY!!! Of course everything is a trade off as now I am having scripting problems so I guess I will have something new to keep me busy for a few days! LOL.  It appears that the xpt file is associated with Firefox and may contain SAS data. Anyway I want to thank you guys for your time and trouble with this. I still am not sure where or what the problem was but it appears that there was some sort of conflict with the older 11 version as once it was gone it installed with no problem. here is the install file you wanted. Thanks again! =O====== M/15.0.0.223 2014-11-11+16-51-47.851 ========

0000 00001113 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

0001 00000010 "C:\Users\OldSalt67\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIH.58481bdbbf2af5816906e4b52698c09cb764a119\install_flash_player.exe" -install -iv 8 -au 0

0002 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/Version 2

0003 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/PlayerPath 2

0004 00000020 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl

0005 00001037 SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer/ 2

0006 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player Plugin/ 2

0007 00001036 Software\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions/Plugins 2

0008 00001036 Software\Mozilla\MaintenanceService\extensions/Plugins 2

0009 00001036 Software\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox\extensions/Plugins 2

0010 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2

0011 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2

0012 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2

0013 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2

0014 00000014

0015 00000015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_15_0_0_223_Plugin.exe

0016 00000024 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\plugin.vch

0017 00000017 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

0018 00000022 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_15_0_0_223.exe

0019 00000019 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl

0020 00000021 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

0021 00000012

=X====== M/15.0.0.223 2014-11-11+16-51-51.201 ========

Victor W. Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ik wil niet meer

Verzonden vanaf Samsung Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines