• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update Flash player on Mavericks or Yosemite?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to update Flash Player on my MacBook Pro for both Mavericks and Yosemite, but it always gives me this message:

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 10.18.16 AM.png

How can I successfully install flash player?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you'll get much response from Adobe, but I can tell you that Flash player will absolutely not install on Yosemite. I've broken apart the installer apps and tried running the MacOS component with sudo, taken the standalone installer package apart with Pacifist and messed with this for hours. It will not install. See this thread where I report my findings:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6846582#6846582

The installer is flawed, proper tools to uncompress the plug-in are not present, etc. I can't raise any response and have simply left it uninstalled, since there isn't another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am having the very same issue, (and it's been about a month now). I have tried just about everything and still no luck. If you are able to resolve the problem please post how you were able to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I am on Yosemite (10.10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have stated previously, this does not work. There is no tool to uncompress the plugin inside the bundle. Installation fails on Yosemite every time, no matter what installer is used.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 04.16.44.png

Please read this thread to examine my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I just downloaded and installed Flash Player on my home machine running Yosemite with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and followed the on-screen prompts.

You *may* need to adjust your Gatekeeper settings:

Go to Control Panel > Security and Privacy  and make sure Allow apps from Mac App Store and Identified Developers is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to set the Gatekeeper seeing to "allow all", but I still have the same problem. My disk is encrypted with FileVault. Could this explain the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We shipped a new version today. 

Please try downloading the latest copy:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

If the install fails, can you please do a clean install:

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

404: The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg was not found on this server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I did a simple update, not a clean install. Gatekeeper set to App Store + identified developers.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update (Version 16.0.0.235) fails to install again on Yosemite. The error message is the same as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the offline installer?

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Can you give me the last couple sections of your install log?  They're under /Users/<you>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work.  I can't even load this link - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dm.  Just freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link definitely works for me.  Can you try a different browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed this version of the DMG for Flash Player Jeromie Clark! Thank you. Does this version of the DMG contain the patch for the zero-day exploit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the reasons that we recommend people opt-in to automatic updates is so that you can be confident you're getting fixes as quickly as possible.

With regard to CVE-2015-7645, you can find a comprehensive list of the appropriate versions to update to here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-27.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uninstall to so a clean install....and this was the response

you cannot open the uninstall because PowerPCs are no longer supported.....

This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very strange. 

Please download the latest uninstaller here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

If you're still running into the problem with the uninstaller, what version of MacOS are you using?

The offline installer should help you around the original issue:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 21.47.07.png

Hi,

I still can't install flash or any updates on my macbook pro yosemite. Whenever i click on an abode download link it always downloads but with the file extensions above. When i double click on it it tries to open it with a program called Matlab that i use. Ive tried uninstalling/ getting rid of all java and flash that i have and install it from scratch but the same thing occurs (and now my matlab program won't open).

Do you have any idea what i can do?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something that happens with Matlab installed.  Our assumption is that a Safari preference is getting corrupted.

If you rename the file from ending with.dmg.mdlp to just .dmg, you'll be able to double-click it and proceed with the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked! Do you know how I can repair whatever I have done during this whole process to stop MatLab from working?Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 22.08.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines