• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH Outer Limits

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a WebHelp project in RoboHelp 6 and am curious if there are limits to some things. For example, are there limits to the number of topics you can create and successfully publish? And, more importantly, is there a limit to the number of Conditional Build Tags you can have in a project? Right now, I have around 300 topics, mostly a "page" or less in length and I have around 25 Conditional Build Tags. As the system continues to grow and mature, it's entirely possible it will double in size - both number of topics and Conditional Build Tags. So, I'm looking for a little feedback from some of you more experienced users who likely work with very large and complex systems.

I will also have need of multiple WebHelp-based SIngle Source Layouts - probably 25 or 30 different ones. Is that a problem? Are there any technical issues with RoboHelp or will it handle that kind of detail?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/information that anyone can provide.

Brenda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the number of topics, much depends on the content such as heavy use of graphics, very long topics etc. I think most people find that around the four / five thousand topic level, you might see a slow down in performance when you are working on it. However, it looks like you are way off those figures. Also it does not mean you cannot exceed them or will see performance degredation, just that you might. Whether or not it is an issue only you can judge.

On the number of layouts perhaps the only issue is confusing yourself! I don't think there should be any problem there.

I'll have to leave conditional tag comment to others.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there's a limit on the number of build tags.

The one basic rule I follow is to use the "exclude" approach to define the layout, rather than include these and exclude those.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Harvey and Peter won't mind me adding the fact that there is a limitation on the build tag statement used when you compile of 255 characters. With lots of tags this soon gets used up. So the rule is to keep those build tag names short.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to Peter, Harvey, and Colum for their pearls of wisdom! I do appreciate the information.

Brenda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp