• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPlayer downloading problem

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried three times to update my Flashplayer, but each time I try downloading I only get through the first two steps. The third step presents me with an opportunity to also install another program, relating to Photoshop and one other program, at a cost of $9.99 per month, which I do not need and want to decline. But there is no "No thank you" or other decline button. And try as I have (three times), there is no concluding page that confirms the download was (or was not) successful.

My Macbook Pro has OS 10.6.8 and the browser I use most is Safari 5.1.10. I also have Firefox and Google Chrome.

I just checked my Mac and am told by it that all my software is up-to-date.

Yet when I try to view a YouTube file, and other files requiring FlashPlayer, I keep getting advised I need to update FP.

How do I decline the Photoshop/etc.offer and pass ahead onto Step 3, Download?

Many thanks.

RBM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for putting it so succinctly, I'm waiting patiently for someone to reply to you with an answer. I am having the same problem, same Os , same safari version.

(Gmail recently tells me this version of safari is no longer supported,however it is , in that i have no problem with getting emails. That notification coincided with this update of flash player )

. I updated flash player because of the sudden notifications from you tube and face book videos that i needed an update. it worked briefly- then not

i have uninstalled it once and reinstalled it , that worked for that one time and now is back to not working again

i have been trying to sort this out with limited knowledge of this stuff, made sure java script is enabled etc, can't find a problem with safari even though gmail thinks so, meanwhile frequent notifications that i need to update flash player when i thought I'd already done that, twice.

thanks for any advice  in advance

Ab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great stuff Pat! done , dusted, working

THANKYOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pat! 2 hours of frustration was solved in 1 minute thanks to that link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not available any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're posting to a discussion topic that is over 4 years old, and no longer relevant.  Please start a new discussion topic and provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Locking this topic due to it's age

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines