• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"User not Activated" on Nook Simple Touch

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to my query "How do I authorize a device"  I received the following instructions. 

"Make sure that this Adobe ID is the same ID that was used to purchase your eBooks.  Also, if you are syncing an eReader device to Digital Editions, make sure that it's the same Adobe ID."

I bought the book I'm trying to read on my Nook Simple Touch from CBD, not from Adobe, so no "Adobe ID" was involved in the purchase.  And how do I authorize my Nook to accept content from Adobe Digital Editions?  The Nook shows up in my ADE library, and when I drag and drop a book onto it, the book shows up on the Nook.  But I get an error message "User not activated" from the Nook. 

I've already rebooted the Nook, deleted and restored the Digital Edition folder from the Nook and re-sideloaded the title from ADE, had reauthorized and re-authorized ADE, and rebooted the computer.  Still getting the same error message.

MacBook Pro, OSX 10.9.5, ADE 4.0 (downloaded today), Nook Simple Touch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Called B&N customer service, their troubleshooting didn't help.

HP EliteBook, Windows 7, ADE 4.0 (downloaded today), Nook Simple Touch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this to work by uninstalling ADE 4.0 and then installing & using ADE 3.0.

Downloads are available here: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for the same problem on a Glowlight.

See this post: Nook Glowlight Error Dialog "User Not Activated"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason this isn't working for me So aggravating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the skinny if you (after downloading and installing V.3 or 2 and still not working, you ahve to delete the 'Digital Editions folders from your nook folders to officially 'unauthorize' your device. So incredibly confusing, but incredibly happy to have finally figured this ish out. HAPPY READING!!

1. Plug the NOOK on the computer using the USB cable.

2. Open “My Computer”.

3. Open the “NOOK” drive.

4. Delete folders named “Adobe Digital Editions” and “Digital Editions”.

5. Go back to “My Computer”.

6. Right click on NOOK drive and select Eject.

7. Unplug the NOOK from the computer.

8. Open “Adobe Digital Editions” application.

9. Plug the NOOK on the computer.

10. Pop-up window will be appearing saying “Device Setup Assistance”.

11. Select “Authorize Device” to authorize the NOOK.

12. You will see the NOOK folder under Bookshelves column.

13. Drag and drop the eBook on the NOOK folder.

14. Eject and unplug the NOOK.

15. Using the NOOK, go to “Library”.

16. Open your eBook and enjoy reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! It worked!! Yaay! I was getting pretty desperate.

My devices:

PC Windows 7

Nook Glowlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sep 2016 - I have only recently bought a Nook (Simple Touch Glowlight 4GB) and have had the error, 'User not activated', with 3 of the eBooks I have bought from online retailers.  (I live in the UK and we are not allowed to buy directly from Barnes and Noble !!)

I have been receiving an '.acsm' file then downloading the EPUB file using Adobe Digital Editions.  At this point I can read the book on screen on my iMac but when I sideload it on to my Nook, the Nook does not allow me to read it - 'User not activated'.

I have then used an independent, free, eBook program called, 'Calibre', to load the first, downloaded EPUB file into Calibre's own 'library'.  At this point I go to the Calibre Library folder on the Mac and copy that version directly on to the Nook.

I don't understand what the difference is or why it works - I did wonder if Calibre stripped out the copyright (DRM) stuff from the eBook but I don't believe it can do that.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines