• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHELP HTML version 11 offline activation?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been fighting with figuring out the firewall rules to permit installation of RoboHELP HTML 11. I have a valid serial number.  The problem is that when I input the serial number and click the Submit button, the button changes to a "spinning circle" for a while, then displays a message that reads,

"Please connect to the Internet and retry. If you choose to conenct later, you will have 30 days to validate your serial number otherwise your software will stop working. If this computer cannot access the Internet, get more details at  http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated using an Internet enabled device."

At that URL, I am prompted to submit a request code and the serial number. My reaction: What is a request code and how do I get one so that I can obtain a response code and complete my installation, SEVEN WEEKS after I got the serial number.

Apparently generating the response code requires that I install a Provisioning tool on my computer. Tried generating a response code by going to the command line and typing the string (adobe_prtk --tool=Type1xception --generate --serial=<serialNumbergoesafterthebracketsdontincludethebrackets>

That didn't work--yes, Adobe techs, have a laugh but REALLY there's no explanation as to how to generate the response code in the installation wizard! I found the command by searching in Adobe's forums other than RoboHELP.
I have a Technical Communication Suite trial DVD, which includes product information that states, "This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services." Phone activation is not available."

I would appreciate an answer as to how I can complete this installation and actually use RoboHELP 11, seven weeks after I started trying to install this product. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a forum moderator I can see your email address from which it seems you are likely behind a US Government Dept with special security restrictions in place.

Click the link below and scroll down to the question.

Can I choose not to activate Adobe RoboHelp 11?

There you will see that your IT people need to contact Adobe's Customer Support where there are special arrangements in place for government departments. That should work just fine but post back if not.

For anyone working in a commercial organisations with firewall restrictions, note this arrangement only applies to government departments.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information. I've forwarded this information on to our firewall team. We might have gotten a breakthrough by checking the activity log on my computer's security software. Should know sometime today whether we have a breakthrough.

Note that we've been on the telephone with Adobe Customer Support periodically during the past two months. We did receive information about the ports that need to be open for activation to occur, but that has not addressed the problem. While technical support (Vikas) has been diligent, responsive, resourceful, and persistent, the problem remains that our RoboHELP HTML 11 remains unusable. We'll call them of course, since there might be another workaround that we haven't explored yet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

· Try this for a non-Internet activation -

Via Phone: USA 1-800-833-6687 Option 2 > Option 5 > Option 3

Via Email: mailto:TCS.SUPPORT@adobe.com<mailto:TCS.SUPPORT@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for people working in commercial organisations, what options are there to work through this issue of obtaining a request code and activating RoboHelp 11? I installed RoboHelp 11, several times today, thinking I missed the option described in this article: Offline Activation

I cannot even launch RoboHelp having supposedly successfully installed the product as I cannot get past the sign in screens, which obviously fail because there is not internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you generate a request code on an internet-enabled device as it describes in that article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue was that I was not presented with the option to generate a request code, and therefore could not follow the offline activation process to generate a response code. I installed RoboHelp on a virtual machine behind a firewall and was connecting via Remote Desktop, which seems to be the cause of why I was not being presented the option to generate a request code. After I connected to the virtual machine through vSphere Client and then started RoboHelp, I was then able to generate the request code and follow the procedure as described. Perhaps a rooky error to try and install and activate via Remote Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe – never had any experience with installing it on a VM or in non-Internet activation scenarios. Glad you figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp