• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is my password to install adobe flash player installer 14 the same as my adobe password?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is my password to install adobe flash player 14 the same as my adobe password?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's probably a prompt from the Operating System running on your computer.  This would be the username and password you use to log into the computer.

If you don't have administrator permissions on the machine (like it's a locked down computer from work, or you're using a guest account), then someone with administrative permissions may need to log in with their credentials in order to complete the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE USED EVERY PASSWORD, ADOBE PW, APPLE ID, LITERALLY HAVE SPENT OVER 2 HRS ON SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE FAILED IN THE FIRST PLACE.   I HAD ADOBE FLASHPLAYER, IT WAS WORKING FINE, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN TODAY I KEEP GETTING THE MESSAGE:  "FLASH OUT OF DATE".  I AM SEEING THAT QUITE A FEW FOLKS ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBEM.  KINDLY TELL ME WHAT PASSWORD DOES IT WANT?????????  TODAY I'VE UPDATED IT VIA THE LINK SENT TO ME BY A CHAT PERSON, THAT DOESN'T WORK.  HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronald from lodi--- Blank for password doesn't work. Sign in password doesn't work. Adobe password doesn't work. Wonder how to get Adobe Flash Player back???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the password that you use to log into the computer.  Make sure that Caps Lock is off and that you're typing the password carefully.  

If that's not working for you, you'll probably need to reset your password:

OS X: Changing or resetting an account password (Snow Leopard and earlier) - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeromie. Nothing works so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm having the same exact problem.   Have reset passwords, NOTHING WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what password have you reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble.  I have tried every password I posses including my Adobe password and nothing works.  I have tried all the suggestions and spent hours on the computer.  Please find a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my personal machine - an iMac - and the installer insists on a password being used. I have tried all my passwords and nothing fits. I have spent hours trying to resolve this problem and so have others. Please help us to get Flash Player.

-

Original message----

Date : 05/11/14 - 01:02 (GMT)

To : audrey.rainer@btinternet.com

Subject : is my password to install adobe flash player installer 14 the same as my adobe password?

is my password to install adobe flash player installer 14 the same as my adobe password?

created by Jeromie Clark in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt. If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6900094#6900094

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have no further suggestions at this time.  The vast majority of people have found success by following the instructions we've provided.  If you're unable to get past these steps, you'll need to consult with Apple support.  If you learn something that wasn't covered here, we'd appreciate the feedback so that we can provide better advice to others that may be experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems and the robotic replies by Jeromie Clark aren't the least bit helpful!  A friend of mine said she spent an hour on the phone (good luck trying to find a phone number) arguing with Adobe that she never had a password.  They managed to set her straight and have access to download but it was a struggle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a password to download Flash Player!

But https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1619850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't want a password to download. We just want to install Flash Player.

I don't have an administrator's password to enter when I switch on my computer.

Please try and solve this problem as I have now spent several days trying to install this program.

-

Original message----

Date : 05/11/14 - 06:04 (GMT)

To : audrey.rainer@btinternet.com

Subject : is my password to install adobe flash player installer 14 the same as my adobe password?

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

You don't need a password to download Flash Player!

But https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1619850

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6900632#6900632

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't require you to enter a password.  Your computer does.  There's nothing we can do from this end to fix it.  We've provided clear directions on how to resolve it.  If you're unable/unwilling to do so, you'll need to contact an expert to help you on-site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, we don't require a password to download or install Flash.  We just don't.

MacOS presents a prompt whenever you install software that you've downloaded from the web.  It's the password you use when you first turn on your computer.  Look under Control Panel > Users and Groups, and ensure that you're listed as an Admin.  If you're not, you need to talk to the person that has the Admin account.  If you are, then you should be able to get past that authentication prompt by entering your username and password.  If you're unable to get past the prompt, then you may need to reset your password.

OS X: Changing or resetting an account password (Snow Leopard and earlier) - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines