• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to get flashplayer installer to finish, just see a black box for installation

Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashplayer.pngUnable to get flashplayer installer to finish, just see a black box for installation

IE 11, Windows 9 is the OS

Have downloaded installer for current version. Rebooted PC, run the uninstaller from site. started installer and all I see is the black box for the installer just hanging there and it not wanting it to close. I am out of options on how  to correct this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry windows 7 not 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offline installers do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that would look completely different:

fp15ip.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen shot was from the offline installer, My temp work around was to install an earlier version. There seems to be a issue with the curent version installing,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a widespread issue.  Flash Player has 1.2 billion active installs, ~80% of which are on Windows.  We're simply not seeing the apocalyptic flood of complaints that would correspond to the problem that you're suggesting.  In fact, this is the only active thread I'm aware of.  The most likely possibility is that this is specific to your computer.

My recommendation would be to boot into Safe Mode and see if you can proceed through the installation as expected.

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

If that works, there's probably a third-party compatibility issue in play.  Safe Mode will keep anything that might be interfering from starting up. 

If it doesn't work, it would be interesting to know more about your system.

Launch a command prompt and type the following:

dxdiag

Hit Enter

When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads, choose Save All Information, and save it to the desktop

Copy and paste the contents into a reply here.  You might have to break it into two posts if the forums complain about it being too long.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines