• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Update Manager does not exit

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Remote Update Manager to update PCs in our domain, but RemoteUpdateManager.exe does not exit, it just hangs. The log looks like this

11/04/14 15:19:27:374 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | ##################################################

11/04/14 15:19:27:374 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | ##################################################

11/04/14 15:19:27:374 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | Launching the RemoteUpdateManager...

11/04/14 15:19:27:374 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | RemoteUpdateManager version is : 1.7.0.25 (BuildVersion: 1.6; BuildDate: Tue Sep 02 2014 07:02:05 )

11/04/14 15:19:27:374 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | **************************************************

11/04/14 15:19:27:374 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | Initializing UpdaterCore Library...

11/04/14 15:19:27:484 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | UpdaterCore library initialized successfully.

11/04/14 15:19:27:484 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | **************************************************

11/04/14 15:19:27:484 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | Starting UpdaterCore CheckForUpdate...

11/04/14 15:19:29:730 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | CheckForUpdates completed successfully.

11/04/14 15:19:29:730 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | **************************************************

11/04/14 15:19:29:730 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | Starting UpdaterCore DownloadUpdates...

11/04/14 15:19:29:730 | [WARN] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | No new applicable Updates. Seems like all products are up-to-date.

11/04/14 15:19:29:730 | [INFO] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 2164 | **************************************************

What I'm not getting is the "Ending the RemoteUpdateManager Return Code (0)" part.

I'm using the latest AAMEE.

Are there any further things I can do to see why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

I opened a support request about this.  Apparently it is a known issue and is being worked on.  Their current solution was just to manually quit the process.  Kind of a bad solution but whatever I have just created a scheduled task to run once a week then stop the process after 4 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem.

I ran the RUM again making very certain that I was launching it from an elevated command prompt, and it exited normally.

The documentation does say that it must be run elevated.

Have you tried this?

Now I need to find out how to run it elevated from a batch file or a GPP.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Did anybody find a solution? (I'm already from an elevated prompt...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue also. The remoteupdatemanager opens a thread to the server and the log shows no updates available but then never exits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly a dumb question...

Are you sure that the installation needs updates? I saw this thread and did some testing and learned that the RUM app seems to just launch and quit when no updates are found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app isn't quitting, that's the problem. The log shows no updates are needed but the executable never exits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be related to the new Creative Cloud Packager (version 1.7).

All the packs I had made with 1.5 exited correctectly.

All the packs I have make with 1.7 dont exit.

And it seems to be impossible to go back to 1.5 ....

I think the problem might be with this line (from uob_csis but I get the exact same):

RemoteUpdateManager version is : 1.7.0.25 (BuildVersion: 1.6; BuildDate: Tue Sep 02 2014 07:02:05 )

There seems to be an incoherence between the version and the buildversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue.  Have tried multiple machines (all Windows 7 x64 Enterprise), When reaching the state where there are no updates available the RemoteUpdateManager process will never end.  The same behavior is happening both on machines that needed updates, and ones that did not need any updates.  I have left RUM running on my workstation since Thursday and it has been stuck in the running state since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem that the RemoteUpdateManager process will never end and we do not get the Return Code (0)" part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a support request about this.  Apparently it is a known issue and is being worked on.  Their current solution was just to manually quit the process.  Kind of a bad solution but whatever I have just created a scheduled task to run once a week then stop the process after 4 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue with RUM hangs and not returning an exit code. Are there any news regarding the known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is actually an issue with a shared component rather than RUM itself. The team in question has made the changes required and it will be in there next release. Right now that is scheduled for mid June. I will keep this thread up to date  My apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for helping diagnose the issue.

In the interim period you can use CCP to create an update package. Please also note once the fix is implemented you will need to create a CCP package that contains nothing but the core components as this is where the fix will be contained.

Cheers

Karl Gibson | Product Manager | Enterprise IT Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karl.

Is the shared component fixed with the CC 2015 release and in that case what do we need do to apply the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines