• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS HTML TOC displays, why not content?

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 11, and some of our programmers have decided that they want me to produce CHMs for their programs rather than WebHelp.  When I generate MS HTML Help, I get the TOC and Index in the Help just fine, but none of the content displays.  This is true of any MS HTML Help I generate, so I know it's some mistake or setting I'm missing.

Any clues?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Hi there

Odds are that you have either configured the output folder to be a network location, or you are copying the CHM file to a network drive before you test.

The bottom line here is that CHM files haven't worked on network drives for a long while.

Click here to read more about that

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Odds are that you have either configured the output folder to be a network location, or you are copying the CHM file to a network drive before you test.

The bottom line here is that CHM files haven't worked on network drives for a long while.

Click here to read more about that

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, hah, so I am not an idiot, and it was not some silly checkbox keeping me from giving them their CHM files!  When I published and tested on my local hard drive, those files looked perfect.  I think those programmers were sending out their CHMs with their programs to be installed on the users' local machines previous to my coming on board to this company.  Some of them made an 11th hour decision to go back to CHMs.  We're at about half and half with CHMs and WebHelp right now.

Thanks, Rick, now I can give this back to the CHM programmers and stop sweating 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp