• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won't work on my computer

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last couple of weeks I keep getting the message that I need to install Flash Player when trying to use BBC iplayer, videos on Facebook etc.  I have done a clean install of Flash Player several times and have also followed the instructions for installing as administrator.  But all to no avail.  I use Windows 7 64-bit.  My Adobe Reader also stopped working and I have reinstalled that several times but it is still "not responding".  They are both installed on my computer (along with Adobe Air) but are just not working.  Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Flash Player: update to the latest version 15.0.0.189.

If you already have that version installed, check

Adobe Reader: can you open Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify - Flash Player and Adobe Reader have both always worked fine until just recently.  I haven't changed anything on my computer as far as I am aware - they both just stopped working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Flash Player version?

What is your Adobe Reader version?  Are you in a corporate environment behind a firewall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  They are Flash Player 15 Active X and Reader XI (11.0.09)

I'm not sure what you mean by corporate environment but mine is a personal computer running Windows 7 Home Premium and I have the Windows firewall turned on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player: update to the latest version 15.0.0.189.

If you already have that version installed, check

Adobe Reader: can you open Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Pat

Thank you so much!  Both problems solved.  For the Flash Player - it was the Active-X filtering that needed disabling.  For Reader I just needed to disable the Protected Mode.  Great advice and very easy to rectify the problems.

Many thanks

Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines