• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install Flash or Reader updates

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install updates to Reader & Flash Player on Mac book pro (OSX 10.8.5.)  I get as far as a screen wch shows my name (not email address) & asks for my password.  tried adobe pw, apple id pw, changing adobe pw.  Nothing works.  What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I have tried everything, including different passwords and changing the "Name" box to email addresses; but no combination works. My Adobe password that is used when I am opening Adobe.com does not work for this update installation. I have also tried to uninstall Adobe Flash Player, but I get the same drop-down box asking me for my password, but no password works again. What needs to be done????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i have the same problem…who knows an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had several 'chat' conversations w adobe that got nowhere; they all referred me to the 'forums' which I guess is where we are right now.  Altho, from these 'chats', I was given to understand that someone from Adobe would respond if I posed my issue as a 'question'.  It's extremely frustrating that there is no online intelligence about this, as I suspect we three are not the only ones encountering this issue.  ADOBE, PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeromie - you are absolutely right!  Many, many thanks

Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines