• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update or install Flash plugin on my iMac

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was asked in Safari 7.1 to update my flash plugin. OK, no big deal, I do it all the time. Only this time it gives me an error every time. I tried several ties including complete clean installs.

Solutions? I need the plugin for a website I need to access. I realize I can just use Chrome instead but I like to use Safari for this website so I can let it play in the background while I use Chrome for my main browsing.

brand new 27" iMac i7

OS 10.9.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"an error" really doesn't tell us much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it doesn't tell me much either. The installer simply says There was an error and the installation was canceled. Then there is a useless link to the adobe site that offers nothing of use.

What more can I say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that already. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a complete uninstall/reinstall isn't working, then try booting into safe mode and doing the uninstall/reinstall. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

To boot into Safe mode, just restart your mac, and hold Shift until it starts loading.  You'll know it's working because you'll get a loading bar, and it will take a *really* long time to boot up.  Once you're in, try the steps again.  Once you've installed successfully (or you run into a failure again), reboot again to get back into normal mode.

My thought is that something that runs in the background has an embedded WebKit instance that's keeping Flash busy.  If rebooting in Safe Mode does the job, then we'd be interested in looking at anything you might be running that you think could be a candidate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines