• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download the updated Flash Player, it asks for my password.  I entered the one I had (apparently it was wrong).  Chatted with Adobe to get help changing password.  After changing password, still wasn't able to download.  Then was told they don't work with Flash Player (something to that effect).  Googled my problem and it said I had to use my administrator password for my Mac.  Tried that with old and a new password, and it still didn't work.  I need help to download the new update.  Or will I have to uninstall it and repurchase it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

If you're still stumped, you may need to reset the password on your Mac:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reset my password on my Mac while speaking with one of their techs.  It still will not let me download the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're experiencing.

Can you please describe step-by-step what you're doing, and what exactly the messages are (or provide screenshots?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines