Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not install flash player on Mac

Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was informed by shutter fly that I needed to update flash player. After a couple of hours and several different attempts I was unsuccessful. I have since uninstalled flash player and tried to re-install to no avail. I am running OSX 10.9.5 and safari 7.0.6. When I run the regular install from website I click on the install now tab (step 1 of 3) and then am taken to another page that says initializing with a long blue bar (step 2 of 3). Very briefly am I then presented  with some instructions to go to download folder, etc. I have tried this probably 50 times and can never read the instructions fast enough. It then takes me to a black screen. I have also tried the offline option and it also takes me to a black screen. I have checked my download folder and there is never anything in there related to flash player. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by "the offline option and it also takes me to a black screen"?  Is the installer dialog window black or is it some webpage?  What is the page/URL that you downloaded the offline installer from?  Please post a screenshot of the offline installer behaviour (How to post a screenshot in the forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer here:http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dm g

This is what I got.....Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this office installer in the flash player discussion area

Screenshot2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I went under fire fox and was able to do it correctly. Any ideas why it wouldn't work under safari?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why it displayed the black window.  I am not able to reproduce on the same OS/browser version.  The file downloads and launches as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  having the same issue but Adobe does not seem capable of solving this issue. can any one help us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was actually able to do it under fire fox.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines