• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Firefox on Win 8 / 64 bit

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Flash Player for Firefox on a Windows 8, 64 bit system, but have been having no end of grief. 

I've finally traced the problem back to the origin, and it's happening because when I enter the info on the download page, it serves up the installer for the 32 bit version instead. 

It does in fact verify on the page that I'm requesting and downloading the 64 bit version, but what I receive and then install is 32 bit.  And consequently, I can't get Flash Player to work in Firefox.

Is there any way at all I can access the real 64 bit Flash Player for Firefox / Windows 8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

There is no separate 32-bit and 64-bit installer; on a 64-bit system the installer will automatically install both 32-bit and 64-bit players.

Download the installer from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no separate 32-bit and 64-bit installer; on a 64-bit system the installer will automatically install both 32-bit and 64-bit players.

Download the installer from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but this still does not install a version of Flash Player that works with Firefox on a Windows 8 / 64-bit system.

It cannot load, only crash, and when I look through the system files, the only mention of Flash Player still specifies it as being 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what browser are you trying to install Flash Player?

Can you tell me what files you have in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash - post a screenshot: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I'm seeing:

flash.jpg

Have just about given up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin looks correctly installer, but the ActiveX (for Internet Explorer) seems to be a very old version.

Anyway, can you check in Firefox if the Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled?  If yes, and Flash Player still does not work, can you also post a screenshot of the contents of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled.  Here is the screenshot:

flashplayer2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines