• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popup notice to download Flash Player Pro

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the following pop-up message when I go to use something requiring the Flash Player. The message starts with text I am unable to copy. The following text is the only part of the message I was able to copy.  I'm afraid to download because I wiped out a previous computer hard drive by downloading what I thought was legitimate Adobe.  I seem to have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and Google chrome purportedly updates as needed.  Has anyone else received the following popup message? Is it legitimate?

Flash Player Pro is distributing custom installers which are different from the originally available distribution. These new installers comply with the original software manufacturers’ policies and terms & conditions. Optimum Installer is an install manager, which manages the installation of your chosen software. In addition to managing your download and installation, Optimum Installer will offer free popular software that you may be interested in. Additional software may include toolbars, browser add-ons, game applications, anti-virus applications, and other types of applications. You are not required to install any additional software to complete your installation of your selected software. You can always completely remove the programs at any time in Windows’ Add/Remove Programs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

I would only install from http:/get.adobe.com/flashplayer (or another adobe.com location.)  You can verify your currently installed version by visiting this page: Flash Player Version

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as "Flash Player Pro"; that pop-up is obviously a fake.

Can you post a screenshot of that?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hackers have hacked 300000+ wireless routers, Check yours NOW!

We have a winner, folks..... Your router is one of the lucky ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the web site for this popup is:

treyeats.com/flashpro/download5.php?src=114695&kw=sear&lp=4n

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would only install from http:/get.adobe.com/flashplayer (or another adobe.com location.)  You can verify your currently installed version by visiting this page: Flash Player Version

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back! When visiting the news collection site, Newser, the existing tab I am viewing is replaced with one trying to sucker me into downloading this Flash Player Pro. At the very least I consider this MALWARE. It only happens when visiting Newser and then it seems, only randomly. I can read 5-6-7 stories two times a day and nothing. Then the next day, bam a window that tries to trick me into downloading this crap. My solution at this point is to avoid Newser, but beyond reflecting poorly on them, it will not do wonders for Adobe's Flash either.

Newser-FlashPlayerPro.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really sounds like "The Moon" worm described in the article Mike linked.  You should really restart your router to clear out any in-memory malware, then immediately update the firmware when it comes back up (ideally, from a known-good computer). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this same pop-up when visiting the Golden Globes website (http://www.goldenglobes.com/golden_globe_winners/2014).

My guess is it was served up through a third party ad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to access youtube and this message pops up, when i download it i get to know that the file is a malware, had to do a full scan. Is this issue gonna be permanent? Is there anyway to get rid of it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue described above has nothing to do with Flash Player itself.  This is an instance of Malware pretending to be a Flash Player update to trick you into downloading something.  See the associated articles for background information and recommendations on how to remediate it.

Since this thread is old, I'm going to lock it.  Always download software directly from the vendor or the appropriate AppStore for your device (third-party AppStores tend to be a major source of malware, at least on mobile devices).  If you believe that your router is infected, simply unplugging it and plugging it back in should clear the problem up temporarily.  You should upgrade the firmware on your router (and check in every few months to insure that you're always running current firmware).  If you believe that your machine is infected, then running a reputable virus scanner and/or anti-malware package is a great place to start.  http://malwarebytes.org is free and well-respected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines