Exit

First Topic Missing from TOC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate

Robohelp V7.03

When I generate Printed Documentation to a standard Word doc. Chapter 1 and it's associated topic are missing from the TOC:

BUG1.png

The TOC begins with Chapter 2:

BUG2.png

For grins and giggles I generated the documentation with ONLY Chapter 1 selected to see what would happen; it shows up in the TOC just fine:

BUG3.png

In either case, the topic is published in the body of the text just as it should be.  The only issue is that Chapter 1 doesn't make it into the TOC when I generate the whole thing.

I have no conditional Build Expressions.

The Topic properties are set for it to be included in the TOC.

There is only one TOC.

Ham-handed efforts to simply add it manually to the TOC in Word failed miserably.

Is there some sort of secret setting I am missing?  How do I get the TOC to accept Chapter 1 along with the other chapters???  I would be most grateful for any assistance.  Thanks in advance.

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking to the right of the TOC and selecting Update Field?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, Peter.  I did indeed update the table, to no effect.

However, I found a work-around for my issue.  In the Word 2003 document that gets produced, I am able to reconfigure the TOC to generate based on the outline rather than whatever it currently does.

Highlight TOC >> R Click Edit Field >> Select Table of Contents Button >> Options >> Select "Outline Levels" check Box >> OK >> OK

BUG2.png

Select "Yes" in the message to replace the TOC, and there it is:

BUG1.png

I still believe there must be some arcane setting in Robohelp that will make the TOC generate properly because I have never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp