• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 Software Simulation no longer records.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the software for months. Now all of the sudden when I try to record a simulation Captivate will not capture mouse clicks or movements or screen chaanges. The only things I can get to record are keystrokes. i.e. typing, TAB, Enter.

I'm using Captivate 7 64bit on windows 7 64bit.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.

For some reason Captivate will no longer capture mouse clicks or movements on my secondary monitor. I've never had this issue before but... To solve the issue i simply moved my recording window to my primary monitor. Everything is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flo_Time,

May I know Captivate 7 version number? version number can be found via Help: About Adobe Captivate. Mouse clicks on secondary monitor should work in 7.0.1.237.

Thanks,

Sankaram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW. . .   Thank you Flo!  Been having the same issue for awhile now.  Tried a bunch of different things but this was it.

Sankaram, I'm on the correct version but it doesn't look like it's fixed:

AdobeCaptivate.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I had sounds similar to yours. When I attempted to record a software simulation on my secondary monitor, Captivate would capture keyboard-based actions and manual requests for screen shots (Prt Scr), but it would not capture mouse-click actions. The solution I found for this problem was to move the recording window, the red rectangle, to my primary monitor. Once there, all actions, including mouse-click actions, were recorded. I even found that I could switch which monitor was my primary monitor and Captivate would record normally as long as the recording window was on my system's primary monitor. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue also - with the same version - Capitave 7.0.1.237 - OS - Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work when you're recording on you primary display?  As long as I move what I want to record to the primary display, it works every time with not issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Yes it does however that's not the point! I often have to switch resolutions to create a recording that is a standard size. I do this on my secondary rather than primary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I was going mad.  I am a new Captivate user, using Software Simulations on Captivate 8. I moved the screen capture to my primary monitor and it all started working.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources