• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 X64, Installing Flash Step 3 of download isn't populating to finalize install

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the download process to get the latest version of Adobe Flash, Step 1-2, work, so I am able to download and save to my computer, run file, but step 3 doesn't populate to finalize install.  The process itself is running on my CPU, and when I try to download again, I get an message: (Only a single instance of application can run).  Nothing else is available to finalize install, so it seems to be stuck on step 2.  I can not solve this solution, and need help from an expert! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Ah, then I gave you the wrong Flash Player installer.

Firefox and other NPAPI browsers:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following file:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Reboot your computer (yes, actually reboot)

Run the file you just downloaded

That should get you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Thanks for the reply.  The file did save and download, but when rebooted, flash player isn't installed.  Therefore, still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Sorry, just read your reply more carefully.  

After rebooting, you actually have to run the installer that you downloaded in the previous steps.  The reason I wanted you to reboot and immediately run the installer was to eliminate the possibility that something else was keeping Flash Player in-use (we can't replace it if it's running) and preventing the install from completing.

Do you see anything on a super-simple Flash site like this:http://www.homestarrunner.com/

If the installation completed, but Flash isn't working, it's probably something else.

This is my first guess:

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Also, what version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I determined the player isn't working, because several sites show Flash needs to be downloaded still, including testing at the Adobe website.  So, the download worked the install showed 100% and done, and I clicked the file to install, but it didn't work still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it's installed, but either the remote website isn't detecting Flash or your ActiveX filtering settings need to be adjusted to allow Flash Player to run. 

I provided instructions above on how to modify the ActiveX filtering settings.  Please try those and let me know how it works out.

Internet Explorer 11 in particular introduced a number of changes to both how the browser identifies itself to remote websites (hint: it's not as Internet Explorer) and to how it processes JavaScript that would otherwise target Internet Explorer specifically.  As previous versions of Internet Explorer has a unique plug-in mechanism and method for embedded plug-ins in web pages, existing websites will need to update to conform to IE11's new expectations in many instances.  You can typically add those sites to Compatibility View as a workaround, but ultimately the site will need to update, or you'll need to use an alternate browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jerome,

The thing is I don't use IE.  The problem is occurring on Firefox, so there's not an activex filter.  Any other ideas?  I'm having downloading issues with other programs (ex. Chrome).  So there's something wrong with my computer.  It's not a Firewall issue, because, I've tried to shut off Firewall and download and issue remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, then I gave you the wrong Flash Player installer.

Firefox and other NPAPI browsers:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirmed, that link worked, I now have the latest version of flash on my system working.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines