• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video creation and importation in Powerpoint

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a reocrd a video and publish it on my computer as a mp4.

When I want to import the mp4 file in Adobe Presenter (Powerpoint) it open Adobe Media Encoder and re-encode the files before importing it on my slide.  also it import the video in a 320X240 resolution....  Why ?  The source file is already a mp4 and it has a resolution of 1280X720.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think that Presenter re-encoded MP4 video... but maybe I've just missed it. Is it just placing it in a 320 X 240 frame?

Personally, I'm not a fan of HD video in Presenter, as it never seems that the video will be displayed in a large enough area to be in HD. It just adds file bloat in my opinion. I try to stick with 720 X 480 for video resolution. My 2c.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it re-encode the video and I don't know why !!!

Adobe Media Encoder open automatically and encode the vide en H.264(Legacy)... that's weird... Legacy is the old way of H.264 encoding.  And in Presenter 9, that re-encoding part was not there...!!!

HD give a great look in Presenter.  And 720X480 is not correct because it use 0,9 pixel ratio in 4:3 or 1,212 pixel ratio for 16:9.  You should use square pixel to get better result on any platform (But that's not the point of that post...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, well yea for quite changes...

My 720 X 480 was an aprox value. I try to stay in that ball park though.

Just out of curiosity, if you encode the video using Legacy outside of Presenter (so you can dictate the settings) does Presenter still go through the encoding process when you bring it in? When you used the import dialog did you change the quality setting to high?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you encode the video using Legacy outside of Presenter (so you can dictate the settings) does Presenter still go through the encoding process when you bring it in?

I didn't try it...

I will.

But I don't understand why using "Legacy" could help... it's the old way of encoding (Before Premiere Pro CS5)

When you used the import dialog did you change the quality setting to high?

No, I didn't touch that setting.

I will try some different setting to see what happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just try the quality setting to high in Adobe Presenter Video Express

Again, When I import the video in Adobe Presenter (Powerpoint), it open Adobe Media Encoder ans re-encode the video in H.264(Legacy) in 320X240..... Grrrrrrrr.... Why ?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I import the video in Powerpoint only, it work.  But in the Presenter publication I cannot use the seeking bar of Presenter... So, it's not great.

If I import the video in the Presenter tab, it re-encode at 320X240...So, it's totally useless. (it works well in Presenter 9......)

I really don't understand why the video create with Adobe Presenter Video Express is not compatible with Adobe Presenter.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made some test a here is a video to show the test.

I don't talk in the video because I live in Quebec City and I'm not very good in english.... !!!

But here are the explanation

00:00 to 00:25 -- You can see that I made a little video in Adobe Presenter Video Express and I have publisj it on my computer and the file is a mp4 with 1280X800 resolution.

00:00 to 00:44 -- I import the video in Adobe Presenter

00:44 to 01:00 -- Adobe Media Encoder open automatically and re-endoe the video file in H.264(Legacy) in 320X240........1%?"$?"$&&...... Why ???

01:00 to 01:07 -- You can see that the video is imported in Adobe Presenter in 320X240 (really poor quality)

It used to work well in Presenter 9 !

The link for the video : Université Laval - CIFSS - Test - Adobe Presenter Video Express

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should reach out to Adobe directly regarding this. It shouldn't be reencoding videos that it makes in the first place (I didn't realize you were using APVC).

You should be able to reach Adobe Support at 800-945-9120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌did you have any luck with video settings? or response from Adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I'm now on Adobe Presenter 10.

I didn't use video for a while... maybe I should make some test...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre réponse I'm using Presenter 10 and I have problems with video quality as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to import a video with Presenter 10 and it works well.  And did not need new encoding...  It was a MP4 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JBourgoin,

Sorry to hear this.

For a h264 codec we should not re-encode the video. So i want to cross verify it. Can you please do a recording and send it to me @ sipanda@adobe.com

Thanks,

sidhartha

Presenter Engineering Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote that my last test worked.

It seems that I no longer have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem. When I imported a 1280x720 MP4 video in Presenter 10 it opened Adobe Media Encoder and converted the video to Legacy format (320x240) before inserting it in PowerPoint. It turned out that the file name of the MP4 had a special character (ASCII 0250) which caused the problem.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured out that if I try to import a MP4 file which is in the same folder of my ppt file, it launch Media Encoder.

If the MP4 file is in another folder, it imports directly.

Does anyone have the same issue?

EDIT: ALSO (IMPORTANT): The documentation seems also incomplete, because in addition to use H.264 codec for the video, the MP4 have to to use AAC codec for the audio (MP3 and AC3 audio codecs give errors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources