Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add video's control bar?

Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I've searched 24 pages here for related discussion but no solution was found.

These pictures I listed here were created by other people.

I want to know how to add a control bar below the video? Is it to use the Insert->Video button of Adobe Presenter (0002.jpg), or use the Insert->video button of PowerPoint (0003.jpg)? When I insert a video (in .flv format), it shows like a white box in the original PPT (see 0004.jpg), looks different from the existing 0001.jpg.

And after I published this PPT (with the white box-like video) locally, when this video slide loads, that video plays immediately, but I want pause/stop function.

I also noticed if I try to import a video in .m4v (MP4 Video), PowerPoint says QuickTime is required.

I used to insert video in year 2010, but I forget the details. Maybe at that time I inserted a video with pause/stop function, but I forget.

Or, is it because a specific video format would naturally show the control button?

0001.jpg0001.jpg

0002.jpg0002.jpg

0003.jpg0003.jpg

0004.jpg0004.jpg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would likely need to insert a SWF player that contains the video. Then you could keep the SWF's playback seperate from the Presenter player (meaning the playback controls for the video would be independant of whether the Presenter slide was playing or paused).

I don't believe there is any method to include the player controls in Presenter (other than the default Presenter play bar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean,

"insert a SWF player that contains the video."?

---------------The following sentence is not related with above.----------------------

After publication, the video file inside the assets folder has .flv files, which are converted by presenter during the publication process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feng Sien wrote:

What do you mean,

"insert a SWF player that contains the video."?

Think of Presenter as your SWF player. It has a play bar that shows at the bottom of the content (or bottom right in full screen). So you would be embedding a different player via the Insert Flash option in Presenter (could be a Captivate SWF if that helps with an example) which could then be told to play independantly of the Presenter SWF.

Feng Sien wrote:

After publication, the video file inside the assets folder has .flv files, which are converted by presenter during the publication process.

Presenter would do the conversion when importing the videos, not on publication, but that is more semantic than anything. I seems like Presenter 10 is doing this for all files, including MP4's. Presenter 9 and 8 only did the FLV conversion for the supported non FLV or MP4 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I sent you an Email that contains this video file. Could you take a look at it when you have time? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources