• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Is not showing properly in IE8, also the images (home icon, print icon, etc.)are extremely distorted in IE8

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Generate --> Primary Layout (Responsive HTML5). When I view my project in IE8, I get very distorted images (stretched out). The TOC also does not show up properly on the left hand side, if at all. However, if I use Chrome/Firefox, everything works fine.

I also notice I get an error on page from IE8 which states:

Object doesn't support this property or method

toctree.js

I'm assuming this is an issue with Java. I have been able to try this on IE9 which works fine as well.

Does RoboHelp not support IE8 with the TOC?

Upgrading higher than IE8 is not a possibility due to the company still using Windows XP.

Has anyone encountered this before or know of a fix for this? I tried updating Java but that did not seem to work either.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE8 doesn't support HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Roger said, the HTML5 output is not working on IE8.

Having said that, you can try a nice tool called HTLM5SHIV to add HTML5 support to IE8. It may not work, but perhaps you're in luck. See aFarkas/html5shiv · GitHub

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp