Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install to 97%

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am running OS 10.9.5, I am trying to update Flash, have done an uninstall of flash, have tried to boot in safe mode, have tried to install offline.  The best I can get is 97% then it hangs up.  I have been dealing with this headache for 3 weeks and finally called Apple and they referred me to you.  I need help, I need to access sites to get some work out asap.  Thanks in advance.

Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

I wiped my computer and did a complete reinstall of everything, then installed flash, then migrated my personal data and files back over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it just now....    no luck.  Gets me to 95%.  First I made sure all other downloads were not running and did a reboot....   anything else to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please try this link: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

If that doesn't get it done, let's try doing an uninstall and reinstall:

Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Then re-run the installer you downloaded above.

Let me know if you run into trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is dead..  I am sorry, just now getting around to doing this and it is SO frustrating.  I called Apple again this morning  and we tried everything they could think of and even installed a new OS in safe mode.  Why is this happening to me?  What else can I try??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We released a new version on Tuesday and the link changed:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I tried it and it got hung up at 95%.... I even left it for an hour just to see if it would finish the install but still 95%.  I have already done an uninstall, just FYI..  anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the offline installer link is dead....  is there a new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I have done that in the past and made sure those files are trashed, rebooted, etc.  Is there something I should do with shockwave?  I am just guessing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try repeating the process in Safe Mode.

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that.  I even did a safe reinstall of the OS.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: offline installer - see my comment from 11/13/2014 - 9:41 AM.  I just verified that the link is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done it since you did a safe reinstall of the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't.  I will try again but the offline link isn't working for me, I checked again......     thanks for being patient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok just tried the offline link.  Hangs up at 95%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give me the contents of /Users/<you>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had emptied it.  I seriously have researched myself and with Apple support and tried everything...  ended up doing a backup and a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and then installed Flash perfectly...  then restored my data...   6 hours later with all of that but I am glad it is finally resolved!!  Thanks for being patient and trying!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  I'm unclear on how it got fixed.  What did you do differently since we talked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wiped my computer and did a complete reinstall of everything, then installed flash, then migrated my personal data and files back over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha, thanks for the clarificaiton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines