• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You can’t use this version - Error

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error after having installed Mac OS X Maverick.  It has worked for 3 days and now:

You can’t use this version of the application “Adobe After Effects CS6” with this version of OS X.

How do I get past this?  I even tried CC and nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

I got AE CS6 to work on El Capitan 10.11.5 by a combination of everything I have read above and on other message boards. I ran into the same exact screenshot problems pictured by MarkCarolan above. But I believe it matters what order you do this in.

1) I updated the Java folder with this method: Java SE 6 El Capitan - CS6 Not working on El Capitan - YouTube

2) I downloaded a clean version of After Effects CS6 here: Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

3) I uninstalled my current AE and r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats it 😕  Bummer.  I guess I will just have to except defeat.  Thank you though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates will be out soon. After Effects CC (12.1) is coming out in October, and the After Effects CS6 (11.0.3) update is just getting its finishing touches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to bring this issue back from the dead, I'm having the same problem having just updated to Yosemite, i.e. this:

Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 1.20.53 pm.png
Steps I've found on the forums that I've tried and haven't worked:

• updating from the application manager
    there doesn't appear to be an update for AE listed in the updates, so that one's a bust.
  • Downloading the patch mentioned here
    When I attempt to install the patch, Adobe  Application Manager tells me this:
    Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 1.20.06 pm.png

so I struck out there, as well.
Are there any other things I can try?  Uninstall and reinstall? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the exact same problems as the guys above. 

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 6.57.38 pm.png

Any help would be fantastic. I haven't even tried After Effects yet. I'm even trying to load the 30 day trial but this keeps happening....

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 7.00.29 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing permissions may help. fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications

I have seen people with this issue make it work by launching the After Effects render engine (not the full AE): "Worked after running adobe after effects render engine, letting that boot up and close, then applying the update."

Another person got it to work by uninstalling then reinstalling. "I uninstalled then reinstalled AE and ran the patch successfully. "

Now, to MarkCarolan, why are you trying to run CS6 and how did you install it? CS6 is version 11 of AE and the latest version is 13.2. If you installed CS6 through the Creative Cloud software, let it update via that (and consider running the latest version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is such a bummer that I payed quite a bit of money on after effects and all I get is " You can't use this version with this application"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshb93729875 wrote:

It is such a bummer that I payed quite a bit of money on after effects and all I get is " You can't use this version with this application"

Update. AE CS6 must be on 11.0.4 to work on any recent Mac OSX. And, if you paid a bunch of money for CS6, I hope it wasn't recently because CS6 is getting pretty old as far as software goes. I would not be surprised if it didn't work at all on the next Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got AE CS6 to work on El Capitan 10.11.5 by a combination of everything I have read above and on other message boards. I ran into the same exact screenshot problems pictured by MarkCarolan above. But I believe it matters what order you do this in.

1) I updated the Java folder with this method: Java SE 6 El Capitan - CS6 Not working on El Capitan - YouTube

2) I downloaded a clean version of After Effects CS6 here: Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

3) I uninstalled my current AE and reinstalled using the new download.

4) Then I downloaded the 11.0.4 AE update and installed that: Adobe - After Effects : For Macintosh : Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.4 Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THERE IS AN EASY SOLUTION! THERE IS A FIX. It was killing me that I couldn't use CS6 on El capitan. you have to apply an update to your CS6.

download this adobe patch.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5696&fileID=5715

Go to this website and download the latest After Effects CS6 (11.0.4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines