Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logout not clearing session

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a secure zone set up and I have a log out button in the menu. The url for the menu link is set to /LogOutProcess.aspx.

When someone is logged in and they click the logout link they go to a page saying that they have been logged out. However if they then click the Login link in the menu to login, the page that they land on is their dashboard (instead of the login form) so Business Catalyst is not actually logging them out and clearing the session straight away. I went away for about an hour and came back and it was only then that the session seemed to have cleared so that when I clicked the login link, it took me to the login page instead of the dashboard.

I just wondered if anyone knows the amount of time the session is set for, ie. does this happened for all BC sites?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you on *.worldsecuresystems.com when you tried to logout?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying,

No I wasn't on the secure domain. Should I be and is that the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged back in and then went to the secure domain and then logged out again but the problem is still happening, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The login link is pointing to the secure domain - maybe that's what's causing it? But I thought the sign-in page needed to be on the secure page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just removed the secure url part from the link to the sign-in page and this has fixed the problem. I just thought that people need to be on a secure page while signing in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't be on the secure domain when you login, but the login form action should point to the secure domain.

You don't need to be on the secure domain to logout. I was just thinking this problem could be related to the secure domain. Just asking questions.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok great - thanks for clearing this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines