• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download library books to my ADE, v. 3.0 from Mac OS X, with Yosemite download

Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a Mac OS X 10 w. Yosemite download.  am having trouble downloading library books to ADE, v. 3.0, which i would then like to transfer to my Simple touch Nook.  I noticed that the authorization is for a DRM but the books are ACSM.  should i change the computer authorization and if so, how do i do this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACSM file is a link to the site you're borrowing the book from. The actual book (pdf/epub) should be located in the Documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did find a book that i had checked out from the library in the documents file. however, the book wants to open in iBooks. i want the book to go to my Simple Touch Nook and i thought that i could only do that through ADE, v. 3, which i have downloaded (several times). however i can’t get the library books to download or go to ADE anymore. I reauthorized the computer, using an Overdrive authorization, but i still can’t get books to download to ADE. i believe that before all this trouble, i had an ADE authorization. I was wondering if i should de-authorize the computer (but don’t know how to do that) and re-insert an ADE authorization. (but of course i don’t really know how to do that either). i have spent so much time one this matter that i can’t remember what i’ve done. Nook and Apple say that this is an ADE problem, and i have reviewed the discussions in the Forums, but so far i haven’t found anything exactly on point — or perhaps i just don’t recognize an answer that is staring me in the face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my previous message i forgot to ask: any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted you to know that i went back and tried again, was able to re-authorize the computer (and Nook) and, lo and hehold, it worked! So no need to respond any more. It was the authorization that was the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines