• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion sketch doesn't seem to work under AE CS6 v 11.0.3.6 & MacOs 10.9 (Maverick)

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After the Mavericks Update for CS6 (AE 11.0.3.6) on MacOs, i have trouble using the motion sketch tool. After clicking "start record", the mouse cursor is supposed to turn into a crosshair allowing you to record motion for a selected object on the canvas. Instead, after the update, the crosshair cursor dissapears on leaving the button. Info window still tells you to click in order to start recording, but clicking and dragging on the canvas results in the regular behaviour i.e. moving an already selected object (or drawing a selection frame if no objected is selected)…

Has anybody else fencountered the same problem yet and found a workaround? Is it a bug? Will Adobe fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

We've verified that the Mac OS X v10.9 operating system broke Motion Sketch for After Effects CS6.

It's working fine in After Effects CC (12.1).

If you need to use this feature with After Effects CS6, for now don't upgrade to Mac OS X v10.9.

We're looking into the possibility of including a fix for this in an After Effects CS6 update, but no promises there. The best way to influence that decision is to submit a bug report:

http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

... since this helps us to know how many people are

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it because of the update, the same happend to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I press "start capture "icon and drag the object nothing happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded a few days ago and now seeing the same problem!  Perhaps upgrading to mavericks wasn't the best move, if only their was an undo button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order for this to get fixed, all of you need to file bug reports so that Adobe can figure out the problem and fix it. Please go here and file a report, giving as much information as you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam,

I've followed the link and made a formal bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Filed a report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've verified that the Mac OS X v10.9 operating system broke Motion Sketch for After Effects CS6.

It's working fine in After Effects CC (12.1).

If you need to use this feature with After Effects CS6, for now don't upgrade to Mac OS X v10.9.

We're looking into the possibility of including a fix for this in an After Effects CS6 update, but no promises there. The best way to influence that decision is to submit a bug report:

http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

... since this helps us to know how many people are affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Can you tell when there will be an update for After Effects CS6?

Now i'm useing a trial version of CC, but can only do that for a 30 day period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, we're looking into the possibility of an After Effects CS6 update to address this bug. We don't yet know for certain if we will be doing so or when. Use the bug-report form that I linked to to give your feedback about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with "Adobe after effect CS5.5" and some other problem with "Adobe Illustrator CS5.5". Unfortunately Adobe stopped giving support for CS5.5 and CS6. This is not good news for Adobe users who work with Adobe Soft wares for many decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution to circumvent this problem: Crating the PATH in Illustrator, Copy and past it in AE. This maybe helpful, to go around this mishap. I had a conversation with a friend who was working as senior software developer at “Quark Express”. He is convinced that the solution of this problem needs very little time for Adobe, provided Adobe is seriously willing to do so! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe seriously do not plan to fix any bugs on CS6 anymore... only CAMERA RAW support!

Ofcourse88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir ! Thank you for excellent news. Concerning the Support refusal, I don’t think the user community of adobe products are really pleased! I can’t imagine that this would be the best way to maintain an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent announcement is a wretched condition! Adobe users community has paid enormous amount of money to purchase Adobe software. It is not fair to live them alone. The history of software development is full of surprises. Quark Express was the unique provider of preprint software; Phontographer was the unique provider of font design software, Free hand disappeared and Corel draw became unimportant. All these software producers are victim of their arrogant behaviour towards their loyal Consumers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a workaround for this? There are specific things that Motion Sketch is necessary for, so this is very frustrating. I, like many others have submitted a bug report but there is no guarantee that anything will happen especially with the big push to subscription.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Has anyone found a workaround for this?

- Use an earlier version of Mac OS or use Windows.

- Use After Effects CC (12). If you aren't ready to subscribe, you can still use the trial version free for 30 days.

> I, like many others have submitted a bug report but there is no guarantee that anything will happen especially with the big push to subscription.

This has nothing to do with a "big push to subscription". We have already issued multiple CS6 updates since we started the CC subscription. We just need to balance work on this bug fix with other work. Bug reports help us to determine how many people are affected by an issue and can help us to set priorities.

My best guess is that we'll have a CS6 bug-fix update with this fix available (plus others) in the early spring. Until then, you have several options for workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to be solve? I use AE for work and I can't jump from the CS6 to the CC. I bought a license for the CS6 and I'm not going to spend more money just because what I need doesn't work. A lot of people spend money on this, including me, and it's not fair that the best solution you guys can give is migrate to AE CC. Can you please specify when is this bug going to be fix????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the last paragraph of my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been seven months since the original post, and still Adobe has not bothered to fix the issue. This suggests that Adobe is not actually taking this problem seriously and is indeed focusing on the subscription-based model. I feel that that CS6 AE customers are being short-changed. Also, not everyone wants a subscription-based product. If Adobe was actually putting its customers first, it would be offering both a subscription-based and a purchase model. That way it could satisfy all its customers and not try and force everyone down the route that is (probably) most profitable for Adobe. In my experience changes like this are usually made for the benefit of the company, not the customer. Money talks and it's persuasive. Final Cut Pro is only £200 and is being properly supported by Apple.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current best guess about when we'll release the next bug-fix update for After Effects CS6 is next month. The current plan is to include in this update the fix for this Motion Sketch problem introduced by Mac OS X v10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stil no fix after eight months. Major CC upgrades though. Why doesn't Adobe let its customers choose which model (subscription or purchase) they want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no update to fix this issue. It's now been a year. Such poor customer service from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everywhere reply sounds like we must buy the only and new cc! i can't understand and believe that cs6 has not update team?! I can't believe that everything about cs6 is lost?!

Ofcourse88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still intend to issue a CS6 update for this. It has just been delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines