• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal error encountered, Failed to generate eBook (Robohelp 11)

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm new to Robohelp (I've been a long term user of Framemaker for print publications).

The Ebook generation from the Single Source Layout pod has stopped working and I get this message: Internal error encountered,  Failed to generate eBook (Robohelp 11 eBook preprocessor 11.0.0.179)

Compiling G:\Development\Course Development\CONE-online\Characteristics-of-light\Robohelp\Characteristics-of-light\Characteristics of light\!SSL!\eBook\!epub_tmp_folder_0\Characteristics_of_light.epub ...

Preparing to create eBook...

Clearing output folder...

Preparing files for eBook...

Copying files...

Updating files...

Finished preparing in 4 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...

Generating eBook output - eBook Handler (11.0.2.240)...

Transforming XHTML topics...

Preparing XHTML topic "Questions_about_light.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "The_Electromagnetic_Spectrum.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "Using_wave_properties/Interferometry.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "Using_wave_properties/Mach-Zehnder_modulators.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "Using_wave_properties/The-wave-properties-of-light.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "Wavelengths_and_Frequencies_in_optical_networks/ITU_bands.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "Wavelengths_and_Frequencies_in_optical_networks/Light_sources_and_wavelengths.xhtml"...

Preparing XHTML topic "Wavelengths_and_Frequencies_in_optical_networks/Wavelengths_and_Frequencies_in_fibre_optics.xhtml"...

Preparing Table of Content...

Generating EPUB 3 output...

EPUB 3 output generation failed.

Internal error encountered,  Failed to generate eBook.

Could anyone give me any advice on what to do to fix it? What have I done? I did try installing Adobe Dig Eds 4 and it seemed to stop working after that, but I've tried uninstalling that and it still does the same. I also tried re-installing TCS5. The responsive HTML5 output still works ok.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

It might be a longshot, but try moving the project to a location where the path is shorter. I had a similar problem (I believe I received the same error message a few months ago, but I can't be 100% certain), where the epub failed to generate, and i tried moving my project to another location where the path to the files was shorter. This resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a longshot, but try moving the project to a location where the path is shorter. I had a similar problem (I believe I received the same error message a few months ago, but I can't be 100% certain), where the epub failed to generate, and i tried moving my project to another location where the path to the files was shorter. This resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

Many thanks for that!!

I have moved it and it does now work..... and yes the path was very long, buried away in a lowly test directory even before RH then does its generation thing and buries stuff further.

Appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI – best practices have long recommended that your work should be in “c:\projects\project_name\”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff

Thanks for that. I should have guessed, but wasn't thinking as just messing about with test files. My poor C drive is already under strain these days with other stuff, like Storyline, that loves to be there and all that syncing to the cloud. Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp