Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It will not let me install Flash player

Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not figuar out how to install this.  I did have it installed now it is gone?  when I hit install it says to close enternet explorer and that is how I had gotten there in ing first place and I am not able to do both. when I hit install for enternet explorer the same thing comes up.  Why won't this download.  I went to manage add ons and everything was enabled but it still does not work.  I have just wasted an hour trying to do this. Probable to see something I do not want to see in the first place but you never know. Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Aslo see:How to close Internet Explorer and other programs running on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer link can't be found - #$%^&*)(*&^%#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerome –

I appreciate you getting back to me on this issue But unfortunately there is still no joy. See my results using the links you supplied below -

1st link opens the screen shown below, but when I try to “open” the file all that happens is that the screen goes blank and this same screed reappears.

When I try the 2nd link it takes me to the following page –

Like I said I really appreciate you getting back to me on this issue, but I’m still at the $&#$%^&)(*&%#$%& stage with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your screenshots didn't come through.  Attachments to email replies just get dropped.  You'll have to come back to the forum website and add them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the two screen shots I was referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. BUT still frustrated – see below

Started to work, but then received the following ADOBE error message “Installation encountered errors:

Your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser includes the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player built-in. Windows Update will inform you when new versions of the Flash Player are available.”

So I don’t understand why I’m getting these can’t run messages indicating that the current Flash Player needs to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, you're on Windows 8.  Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and higher.  There is no installer or anything to download for IE.  Everything is delivered through Windows Update automatically.

You may need to examine your ActiveX Filtering settings, but they should be correct by default:

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer 11 (and IE 10 to a lesser degree) introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer.  Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken in Internet Explorer until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by current versions of Internet Explorer.

If that's the case, then you're running into this JavaScript stuff.  You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like you successfully downloaded the offline mac installer.  It's in your completed downloads list.  Now you need to Open it (see the Open button on the highlighted line).  This should mount the disk image and open a new Finder window with the installer.  Double-click it and it should start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually looking for the PC as opposed to the Mac version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines