• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11-How do I change a DOCTYPE across a project?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH11, and my employer wants to publish our software for our December 1 release in about 50% WebHelp and 50% .CHM format.    They said that they are having issues with the .chm format files having compatibility on/compatibility off with different versions of IE that our customers are using, where customers will get a "Compatibility View Settings" window depending on whether they have that on or off.  Because of that, they want me to change the beginning of each HTML file from this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

to this:  <!DOCTYPE HTML>

Is there a fast way to do this?  One of my pieces of software has 448 HTML topics!

I tried search and replace, but that did not work.  They want this done regardless of whether the end release will be HTML or .chm.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Find in Files should work. I tried copying the line in a test project and Find and Replace found it across all my topics.

Make sure you have the following setup:

Look in: <current project>

Files of type: Text file types (*.htm ; *.html; *.txt)

x  Include Subfolders.

Or possibly you have line breaks inside your doctype tag in which case you could try this - take a backup of your projects and test it on a single file first!

Find what: (\<\!doctype html(/?[^\>]+)\>)

Replace with: <!doctype html>

Look in: *same as above

Files of type: * same as above

x  Use: Regular Expressions

x  Include Subfolders.

HTH,

Amber

P.S. I just realised maybe you are accessing the wrong search and replace.

Edit > Replace (Ctrl+H) only searches in the current topic.

Edit > Find and Replace in Files (Ctrl+Shift+F) searches across all files in a project or a select directory/folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp