• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I upgrade directly from ColdFusion 9 Enterprise to ColdFusion 11 Enterprise without going to 10 first?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upgrade directly from ColdFusion 9 Enterprise to ColdFusion 11 Enterprise without going to 10 first?

For those who have done this,

1.  What quirks did you find that you had to overcome in your installation (I know that everyone's environment is different and produces differest results)?

2.  What part of your code broke for which you had to find fixes?

Tips and suggestions for a smooth installation, besides following the installation document.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Create a car (archive file) in CF 9 enterprise which will capture all CF 9 settings like Data sources, Web services etc. Make sure when you are doing this, pop up blocker is disabled.

NOTE : While creating the archive file, give the full name with the absolute path in the package name. For example C:\Test\mypackage.car

Then move this car file into the server where you want to install CF 11. Install CF 11 and then  deploy this archive (car) file. All CF 9 settings will be migrated to CF 11 enterpri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, answered part of my question from reading ColdFusion11_Installing.pdf . (of course )

"You can upgrade from ColdFusion 9 or ColdFusion 10.  When upgrading, the installer preserves the existing settings and installs in a new directory, automatically assigning ports that do not conflict with the existing installation."

I now  need people's experience please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a car (archive file) in CF 9 enterprise which will capture all CF 9 settings like Data sources, Web services etc. Make sure when you are doing this, pop up blocker is disabled.

NOTE : While creating the archive file, give the full name with the absolute path in the package name. For example C:\Test\mypackage.car

Then move this car file into the server where you want to install CF 11. Install CF 11 and then  deploy this archive (car) file. All CF 9 settings will be migrated to CF 11 enterprise.

Else, if you want to install CF 11 on the same server where CF 11 is installed, then remove the connector for all the websites which are configured with CF 9, make sure the CF 9 services are running and then run the CF 11 installer and at the end of CF 11 installation, you will get a dialogue box which will ask you to migrate CF 9 settings in CF 11.

Run the Code Analyzer in CF 11 Administrator to check whether any the CF 9 code used in your application is breaking in CF 11 or not

HTH

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation