• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 Webhelp Output TOC won't render, have adjusted LNG file, project settings for Webhelp, unblocked popups, why does this most basic of all features not work, pls help.

Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH11 Webhelp Output - TOC won't render, have adjusted LNG file, have adjusted project settings for Webhelp, have

unblocked popups, why does this most basic of all features not work, pls help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browsers are you trying? Is the help local or on a webserver? Are you all patched up in RH11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response, sorry for the cross post, I am new to the community but will try in future to abide by all the rules I know of here. I did not see my exact discussion topic addressed anywhere..

Re. RH11 WebHelp TOC won't render in IE11.....I couldn't sleep last night for this problem!

I have only tried it in IE11 because that is the only browser I have here. I am compiling and generating it on my local C drive, it is a project I just took over from somebody yesterday.

I'm at a gov't office where I cannot download any software including browsers without admin. assistance.

Is that what you mean by all patched up in RH11?

So... it would maybe work if in RH11 I clicked on Help > Updates

are those the patches?

Thanks a mil.

MaryAnne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you probably need to get patched up but most likely don’t have enough rights for Help > Update to work correctly. IE 11 turned up the paranoia level to match Chrome with local HTML files – that’s what MOTW is supposed to help combat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks. How exactly do I get patched up and what does MOTW mean? i.e. what does MOTW stand for?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Help > Updates or http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html - make sure you have admin rights to do this. MOTW – Mark of the Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp