• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to add more icons to the toolbar in webhelp

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in the skin I'm using I see SEVERAL icons, including  "previous" and "next" .  However, when I go to the Webhelp properties window for my project, I don't have those options to include - only TOC, Index, Search, Glossary, and Print.  Why would I not be able to include those icons and their functionality in Webhelp if they are in the selected skin?  Is there another setting I'm missing?

Thanks,

kb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Hi there

The skinny file simply offers a multitude of ways to manipulate the skin and different WebHelp elements.

What I'm seeing here is that ktbFL is expecting to see the Previous and Next buttons but they aren't appearing. And this would happen if you do not have a Browse Sequence defined as well as enabled in the output recipe.

First step is to click Tools > Browse Sequence Editor and ensure you define a sequence. Second step (after confirming a sequence exists) is to ensure it's been enabled i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t you have to manipulate those in the Skin Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other programs that's where I've done it, but I don't see how to remove or add icons other than to add "new" ones, but the skin shows that the ones I need already exist.  The only editing from there is to edit the icon image itself.... then I go to the output properties - in this case Webhelp Properties, and that seems to be where you choose which buttons you want to have in the toolbar, but the "next" and "previous" icons aren't in the list of offerings.  I'm sure i'm missing something obvious, but what?toolbar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t need to mess with skins, but I think the resource you should be consulting is Rick’s “Skinny on Skins” - http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/Downloads/Skinny_on_Skins.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The skinny file simply offers a multitude of ways to manipulate the skin and different WebHelp elements.

What I'm seeing here is that ktbFL is expecting to see the Previous and Next buttons but they aren't appearing. And this would happen if you do not have a Browse Sequence defined as well as enabled in the output recipe.

First step is to click Tools > Browse Sequence Editor and ensure you define a sequence. Second step (after confirming a sequence exists) is to ensure it's been enabled in the output. And if memory serves, you have to check two places. First, in the SSL recipe, expand the Content Categories item, then click the default (or category of choice) category. Make sure the sequence is enabled there.

Next, click the Navigation section on the left and ensure "Enable Browse Sequence" is selected on the right.

Once you have done this, the buttons should be there after you generate output again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOOOOHOOOOO! IT WORKED OF COURSE! Thank you Rick... I can't think of a

compliment I haven't given you yet... but you are stupendously wonderful!

TYTYTYTYTYTY!

Thanks to you also Jeff for giving it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue and I've tried the solution listed in this post as well as another one without success. I hope someone can offer a suggestion.

• I am using RoboHelp 2015, the BlueGrey skin, and WebHelp output.
  • I see the Previous and Next options in the skin, and the skin preview shows them.
  • In my WebHelp Output settings under Navigation, the Previous and Next options are not available to select. I still check "Enable Browse Sequence" here.
  • Since I DO NOT want a specific browsing sequence, I do not check a specific Browse Sequence under Content Categories. I want the browsing history to go to the page based on what the user has selected.
  • With all these settings selected, the previous and next buttons show up, but they're dimmed or disabled.
  • I tried manually changing the whtbar.js lines as suggested in a different post: change the goAveNext() and goAvePrev() lines. Even though I save the file after making these changes, it's overwritten and goes back to the original settings when I generate my output. I can't imagine manually saving this file to a different location and then remembering to copy the correct version into my generated output each time as a solution.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Previous/Next" buttons ONLY work with a browse sequence - they don't "do" browsing history. You may want to create a sequence that spans the entire ToC - in RH2015 there's a flag to do that (older versions you had to fake it out with a sequence starting at level 0 IIRC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp