• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Flash Player Updates

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a network of 50+ Win7 Pro x64 PCs.  I use System Center Config Manager to deploy Flash Player updates.  I recently deployed an update (whatever came right before 15.0.0.223) but forgot to cancel the deployment of the previous update, so two version of the Flash player were flip flopping on staff computers until I realized the problem.  Now Flash doesn't work on anyone's computer, even after deploying yet another update (15.0.0.223).  It says Flash isn't even installed if I go to the Adobe Flash Player help page, although it does show up in Programs list on the PCs.

How can I fix this without visiting each computer manually?  Can I automate the removal of Flash and then re-deploy it from scratch? 

I even manually installed 15.0.0.223 Flash Player on my personal PC, and SCCM is STILL trying to deploy the same version over and over again.  The MSI is so dumb it can't even tell that the latest version is already installed.

It's ridiculous how brittle this stupid plugin is.  Nice job Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Flash still working? or it uninstall the older version and cant install the newest one?

MG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It varies from PC to PC but for the most part, the latest version is installed on the PCs, but it doesn't work.  It doesn't even show up as an add-on in IE.  If you go to the Flash help page on adobe.com it says Flash is not installed and Flash content doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, In your folder: c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash is there an OCX files that cant be delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is Flash32_15_0_0_223.ocx.  You want me to try to delete it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the alone file or there is other one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one .ocx file in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for this flash player you need to close your internet explorer browser to install it.

We got same problem as you actualy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enterprise deployments aren't my area of expertise, but as everyone is headed out for a US holiday and long weekend, I wanted to at least point you to the System Administration Guide, which covers best practices for distributing Flash Player in your organization:

Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines