• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Sensitive Help

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty new to RoboHelp my company wants content sensitive help in their website and they have a version of RoboHelp 5 that I can use. Can someone give me a pointer where to start?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do a lot worse than go through the topics in RH Help. Just type in "Context Sensitive Help" in the index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
And also talk to your developers. You have to assign map file ID's to every RoboHelp topic you want to be called by a help button, then tell the individual help button what map file ID to call. You assign the map file ID's, the developers program the help buttons.

Help files with a relatively small number of map file ID's are easier to maintain, but not as helpful to the customer as hep files with a lot of map file ID's that call very specific help topics. However, lots of map files ID's increases the chances of error/difficulties of maintenance.

You'll need to decide on how much effort you can devote to setting up the context sensitive help in the first place and how much effort you'll need to spend maintaining the CSH when you update the help files. This will determine the number of topics/help buttons that you can have in your context sensitive help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp