• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intersect path

New Here ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I need help with adobe illustrator I want to intersect a word with an object but everytime I try to do it this error pops up "The filter produced no results. Please select two overlapping paths". Is it possible to intersect text words with an object? I already tried it but it doesn't work but when I try to intersect a single LETTER the intersect path works. (and yes I already used the expand command before i try to intersect words to an object but it does not work) any solution for this kind of problem? huge huge thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, ALWAYS tell us the version of Illustrator you are using. We can’t help you if we don’t know because there are many differences between versions.

A screen grab is also a very useful tool. Take a screen capture showing objects selected and attach it using the camera icon.

But, just a hunch… try holding Option  or Alt as you click on Intersect in the Pathfinder panel…

Screen shot 2011-05-30 at 11.58.37 PM.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AICS5

this is the result i want

http://dsmy2muqb7t4m.cloudfront.net/tuts/5_Zoom_Mag/3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this I would but the brown gradient below the text, select both, then go to Object > Clipping Mask > Make. The fill for the text will be removed just to piss you off (thank you, Adobe!) so you’ll need to reapply it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already know how to do that. I want to know how to do it with pathfinder intersect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably simply an issue with too many compound paths which AI can't sort out. Simply do it per letter using duplicates of the curces. I don't really see a problem here, even if it may be a bit more complex than just selecting two compound groups...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bnonymous wrote:

I already know how to do that. I want to know how to do it with pathfinder intersect.

You can’t. Pathfinder produces one resultant path or compound shape, but you need two: one blue, one brown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

To do this with pathfinder intersect:

Make your type outline

Select all letters

got to >Object > Compound Path > Make

Place your brown shape in front

Select all

click the "Divide" in the pathfinder palette

use the "Direct selection tool" and mark and remove the unwanted shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem even with 2  normal shapes in illustrator CC. that is  a problem and some people go to corel for annoying things like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so making the shape a compound Path does the JOB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines