• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions Ver 4 - how to link from Indesign?

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my ADE from Ver 3 to 4. The program is downloaded on my computer and I can open it from the desktop icon.  Unfortunately, I can't get my epubs to open on export from Indesign. I need to fix this problem. When I right click on an epub to select a program to open it with - ADE is not in the list. I did go through Browse and when I select the ADE .exe as my choice - nothing happens. Can anyone help?  Thanks, Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

After much grief - I got the association to work. I went thru Default Program and tried to change it there and what I discovered is that .ascm were defaulted to open with ADE 4 but the .epub wasn't associated the same. I tried to go thru the Browse - found the right file, but it wouldn't accept.

In the end, the great google gave me a link to a program that would force the default program to change. The location is: http://defaultprogramseditor.com/. After that I was able to go thru and update my .epub associations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines