• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't transfer books from Kobo Touch to ADE

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded digital editions to a new computer.  When I sign in to Kobo (I have a Kobo Touch) and go to transfer all my books to digital editions I get the following message:  "Could not open URLLink.gcsm because it is not a supported file type or because file has been damaged".  It is trying to open it in Adobe Reader X1 rather than Digital Editions though.

I used to have no problems doing this on my older computer.  I don't know if it is because they are newer versions of the same programs or not but does anyone know how I can fix this and have it open digital editions and do the transfer?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We reviewed the issue you reported and have been able to identify that the KOBO reader uses an older version of RMSDK and hence, it is unable to validate the user account activated through the newer version of ADE.

However, we have also a workaround that may help you overcome this issue.

Kindly follow the below suggestion and let us know if this helps in resolving this issue:

1. Download ADE 3.0 from the following URL -  http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html
  2. Install ADE 3.0 on your computer.
  3. Connect the KOBO reader in ADE 3.0
  4. Activate KOBO using ADE 3.0
  5. Now you can transfer and reader books

Please try this and let us know in case you face any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted the ADE that I had downloaded, followed your link and downloaded ADE 3.0 as you suggested.

Once I tried to transfer my books to ADE I received the same message.

PLEASE NOTE - it is automatically trying to transfer to Adobe Reader X1 and not ADE.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines