• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Motion Recording previewing as blank!

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2007 Aug 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Got the trial version of Captivate 3. When I do a Full Motion Recording, previewing the project always appears as a blank white screen for all the slides. However, when I preview each slide individually, it shows the correct screens. There are always 3 slides but I think thats not relevant.

Any ideas?

thanks
Jason
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason and welcome to our community

How exactly are you previewing?

I'm sure it sounds like a silly question to ask, but in Captivate there are several ways to preview. For example:

* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "Play this slide" or pressing F3, the Spacebar or clicking the icon to play the slide "in place" to see a preview right inside the edit area
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "Project" or pressing F4 to preview the complete project in the Captivate preview area
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "From this slide" or pressing F8 to preview the project from the existing slide to the end in the Captivate preview area
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "Next n slides" or pressing F10 to preview a certain number of slides (this number can be changed in versions 2 and 3)
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "In Web Browser" or pressing F12 to preview the complete project as your end user will see it within your default Web Browser.

So perhaps it has something to do with the manner in which you are previewing?

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working-
Play This Slide

Not Working-
I was using F4 on the project
F8
F10
F12

it is really weird!!! The only obvious difference is that a SWF file is created and its shown in a different viewer (as opposed to the main window). All the failures show the same plain white slideshow.

All help appreciated
Thanks
Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2007 Aug 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone know what's going wrong with this?

I'm really keen to show full screen recording but it keeps showing as white - something I'm doing perhaps?

I can't figure it out.

thanks
Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally....

I've got some extra information - Captivate is running inside a VMWare image. When I save and show the presenation on a non-VM platform, I can see it.

Now can anyone tell me why that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have been having the same problem with the white screen. I will check out that VMWare image thing... if I can figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources