• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Again..cant install Flash Player on Win 7:64 Bit

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have read tutorial after tutorial. Cannot seem to get this right. Downloaded new flash player...it downloads ok..but when it installs it stops and says I DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION and stops. I tried deleting the WINDOWS SYS files as mentioned ( FLASH FOLDERS ) in windows32 and WOW folders..but it says I cannot delete? I tried again and it says it is in  use with another program. When I open task manager, I cannot find which program is using flash. I did run the flash uninstaller as mentioned on the site..and have same problem. Was trying to do clean install....no luck. I'm a wee bit slow on computers, but sure seem to be difficult to get this on my computer...

Windows 7 Premium/ 64 bit/ IExpolorer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

If you have an administrative account and all the applications that might keep Flash Player in-use (Internet Explorer and applications that might embed an Internet Explorer instance that uses Flash), then you're getting permission problems because either registry entries or permissions on the filesystem are corrupt.

I'd start with confirming that the filesystem is in a good state and repairing any issues there:

Check your hard disk for errors in Windows 7

Then I'd try running the uninstaller again

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close your Internet Explorer broswer and it should pass with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed browser...it gets to about 90% install and says..." You do not have privledges to install." and then it stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that your account have Administrator privilèges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check...I can check and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at user accounts..I am listed as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should check with your IT departement, to see if you really have all the rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the only user on the computer..this is my home computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an administrative account and all the applications that might keep Flash Player in-use (Internet Explorer and applications that might embed an Internet Explorer instance that uses Flash), then you're getting permission problems because either registry entries or permissions on the filesystem are corrupt.

I'd start with confirming that the filesystem is in a good state and repairing any issues there:

Check your hard disk for errors in Windows 7

Then I'd try running the uninstaller again, rebooting, then running the installer.

You might also consider booting into Safe Mode for that process to ensure that nothing that's keeping Flash in-use is getting loaded during startup:

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, thank  you for  your help...seems like an issue no one wants to tackle.

I ran the check hard disk as you suggested, did not find anything..it went through all the steps.

Attempted to install again....same result.

I tried also in Safe Mode, even tried deleting the macromedia file folders....unable to do this.

I noted that both these file folders ( System32/macromedia and SystemWOW64/macromedia) have a small icon next to the folder in Windows Explorer. I would suppose this has some point of denying entry/alteration/installation, etc. to these folders.

Thanks again.....just a tough one to figure out...appreciate your help and taking time!!! Next move?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re-read your instructions.....ran the hard drive checker program again....checked both boxes.

Re started computer....ran the uninstall program

Installed the MSI installation of Flash 15.

Works fine.....THANK YOU !!! Absolutely fantastic !!! Just guessing it must have been some error that you mentioned above!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines