Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 Cannot open to a specific topic / map id

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're using RH11 and the javascript API to show our context sensative help pages, we recently upgraded from RH10 and now the help window always opens to the default topic instead of the specified one.

From script we call RH_ShowHelp(0, helpPath + "/CSH/iSupportHelp.htm>SecondaryWindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, mapId);

That call generates this url and opens it in a new window: http://localhost/rep/Help/CSH/iSupportHelp.htm#<id=16>>wnd=SecondaryWindow

The new window then does further processing and gets the final URL of: http://dev-anelson/Rep/Help/CSH/iSupportHelp.htm#<id=16%3E%3Ewnd%3DSecondaryWindow&t=Overview%2FiSupport_Overview.htm which is our default topic, not the topic mapped to id/number 16.

My best guess is that the issue appears to be inside loadcsh.js which tries to load a topic based on the url parameter "rhmapno" and "rhmapid", which are not used anywhere else in robohelp scripts, after those both fail to find the topic, it falls back to the default.

I can get it to work if I make this change in RoboHelp_CSH.js. Inside the ShowWebHelp function I changed

if (uCommand == HH_HELP_CONTEXT) {

a_pszHelpFile = strHelpPath + "#<id=" + nMapId;

}

to this

if (uCommand == HH_HELP_CONTEXT) {

a_pszHelpFile = strHelpPath + "?rhmapno=" + nMapId + "#<id=" + nMapId;

}

Does anyone know if this is a bug, if my workaround is valid, or what else may be going on here?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

If you use HTML5, don't use the RH_ShowHelp, use: RH_ShowMultiscreenHelpWithMapNo or RH_ShowMultiscreenHelpWithMapId.

See also: My online help link is not opening to the proper place in my RoboHelp project. My map ids are all set correctly and the …

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use HTML5, don't use the RH_ShowHelp, use: RH_ShowMultiscreenHelpWithMapNo or RH_ShowMultiscreenHelpWithMapId.

See also: My online help link is not opening to the proper place in my RoboHelp project. My map ids are all se...

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Willam! Making the switch to use RH_ShowMultiscreenHelpWithMapNo fixed all our issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp